Washington's Chris Thompson in 'great shape' and will play Week 1
Washington Redskins running back Chris Thompson is not on the team's injury report and will play in Week 1 against the Arizona Cardinals.
Head coach Jay Gruden said Thompson is in 'great shape' leaving the back available to play against Arizona. Thompson is 10 months removed from a significant leg injury which included a broken fibula. He had told reporters during training camp he is not yet at full strength but is ready to go in Week 1. Thompson is expected to see all if not most of the passing down work while Adrian Peterson and Rob Kelley handle the early rushing downs.
numberFire's models project Thompson for 47.0 total yards and 0.3 touchdowns on 7.1 touches for 6.4 FanDuel points in Week 1.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Jags sign running back Carlos Hyde March 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020