Tony Dungy says Alex Smith can take Redskins to Super Bowl
Tony Dungy said in an interview last week that quarterback Alex Smith is a good enough to take the Washington Redskins to the Super Bowl.
Dungy was a guest on 106.7 The Fan's The Sports Junkies last week. While he doesn't think that Smith is necessarily an upgrade over Kirk Cousins, he played up Smith's ability to "put people in position to succeed" and called him a "great leader."
We have Smith, last year's QB3, finishing the season as the QB18. We project him to pass for 3,864.3 yards, 25.3 touchdowns, and rush for 217.4 yards.
- Houston's Will Fuller (groin) undergoes sports hernia surgery January 26th, 2020
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- Washington's Alex Smith (leg) wants to return to field December 30th, 2019
- Ron Rivera reportedly getting Washington gig December 30th, 2019
- Washington fires Bruce Allen after disappointing decade December 30th, 2019
- Redskins' Terry McLaurin (concussion) out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Washington's Terry McLaurin (concussion) out on Thursday December 26th, 2019
- Washington's Terry McLaurin in concussion protocol, to be re-evaluated Thursday December 24th, 2019