Samaje Perine twists ankle, doing 'OK' for Washington
Washington Redskins running back Samaje Perine is "OK," according to head coach Jay Gruden, after exiting the team's second preseason game on Thursday with a sprained ankle.
Perine came up limping after taking his first and only carry through a big hole and down the field for 30 yards. "Looks like it was OK. Twisted ankle for Samaje," Gruden said. The 2017 fourth-rounder was seen in a walking boot after the game but it sounds like he managed to avoid a serious injury. With second-round rookie Derrius Guice (ACL) lost for the season, Perine was expected to compete with Rob Kelley for early-down duties out of Washington's backfield.
numberFire's models currently project Perine to rush 126.4 times for 462.4 yards and 2.46 touchdowns this season, with another 181.3 yards and 0.56 receiving touchdowns on 20.1 catches. He's the RB50 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman impressing teammates in minicamp June 21st, 2021
- Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates June 21st, 2021
- Rams' Matthew Stafford "better than advertised" so far this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps June 21st, 2021
- Tee Higgins 'more explosive' for Bengals this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Bengals hoping Joe Mixon improves in pass protection for 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) planning to begin "next phase" of recovery in February January 12th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (leg) down on field January 3rd, 2021
- Bengals' Tyler Boyd (concussion) active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tyler Boyd (concussion) available in Week 17 January 1st, 2021