Jeremy McNichols filling in with 49ers' starters
San Francisco 49ers running back Jeremy McNichols has been working with the first-team offense in place of injured teammates Jerick McKinnon (knee strain) and Matt Breida (separated shoulder).
McNichols spent the majority of last season on the 49ers' practice squad after failing to make the Buccaneers' roster out of training camp, despite being drafted in the fifth round just a few months prior. He could secure the number-three job in the backfield while McKinnon and Breida are sidelined.
numberFire's models currently expect McNichols to total 143.7 yards and 0.54 touchdowns in a limited role for the 49ers this season.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood primed for larger role in Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Corey Clement (quad) added to Eagles' injury report for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Minnesota's Kyle Rudolph projected as a top-6 tight end for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Latavius Murray expected to start with Dalvin Cook ruled out for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch (shoulder) removed from Raiders' injury report for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Earl Thomas (personal) not a lock to play for Seattle in Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin (quad) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (heel) misses practice on Thursday September 20th, 2018
- 49ers' Alfred Morris taking care of dirty work on ground September 18th, 2018
- Matt Breida envisions 'great year' for 49ers' backfield September 18th, 2018
- Reuben Foster's suspension lifted, eligible to play for 49ers in Week 3 September 17th, 2018
- Jimmy Garoppolo fares better Week 2, 49ers beat Lions September 17th, 2018