Jeremy McNichols filling in with 49ers' starters
San Francisco 49ers running back Jeremy McNichols has been working with the first-team offense in place of injured teammates Jerick McKinnon (knee strain) and Matt Breida (separated shoulder).
McNichols spent the majority of last season on the 49ers' practice squad after failing to make the Buccaneers' roster out of training camp, despite being drafted in the fifth round just a few months prior. He could secure the number-three job in the backfield while McKinnon and Breida are sidelined.
numberFire's models currently expect McNichols to total 143.7 yards and 0.54 touchdowns in a limited role for the 49ers this season.
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette expects to have a role in 2019 passing game June 15th, 2019
- Rams will extend Jared Goff, coach says June 13th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts June 13th, 2019
- James Conner expects Steelers to spread out backfield work June 13th, 2019
- DK Metcalf shining for Seahawks June 13th, 2019
- Titans' A.J. Brown expected to play on the outside this season June 2nd, 2019
- Titans' Delanie Walker (ankle) participating in 7-on-7 this week June 1st, 2019
- Titans release quaterback Blaine Gabbert on Friday March 15th, 2019
- Titans acquire Ryan Tannehill from Dolphins, sign to 1-year deal March 15th, 2019
- Cameron Wake to sign with the Titans March 13th, 2019
- Rodger Saffold reportedly signs with Titans for 4 years, $44 million March 12th, 2019