Jeremy McNichols filling in with 49ers' starters
San Francisco 49ers running back Jeremy McNichols has been working with the first-team offense in place of injured teammates Jerick McKinnon (knee strain) and Matt Breida (separated shoulder).
McNichols spent the majority of last season on the 49ers' practice squad after failing to make the Buccaneers' roster out of training camp, despite being drafted in the fifth round just a few months prior. He could secure the number-three job in the backfield while McKinnon and Breida are sidelined.
numberFire's models currently expect McNichols to total 143.7 yards and 0.54 touchdowns in a limited role for the 49ers this season.
- Bills release tight end Charles Clay on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will reportedly meet with Steelers owner February 15th, 2019
- Schefter: Broncos 'most likely' letting Brandon Marshall walk February 15th, 2019
- Nick Foles, Jaguars expected to have 'mutual interest' February 14th, 2019
- Broncos reportedly deal 4th-round pick to Ravens for Joe Flacco February 13th, 2019
- Broncos reportedly expected to release or trade Case Keenum February 13th, 2019
- Titans' Delanie Walker (ankle) still not running January 4th, 2019
- Titans' Marcus Mariota (stinger) doesn't need surgery December 31st, 2018
- Titans' Brian Orakpo retires after ten seasons December 31st, 2018
- Marcus Mariota (stinger) not expected to play for Titans in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- Marcus Mariota (stinger) questionable for Titans in Week 17 December 28th, 2018
- Marcus Mariota (stinger) returns to Titans practice Thursday December 27th, 2018