San Francisco adds Alfred Morris to injured backfield
The San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent running back Alfred Morris on Monday.
With Jerick McKinnon banged up and Matt Breida out the rest of the preseason, the Niners needed to add some depth to the backfield for training camp. Morris is familiar with head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense from their time in Washington together, but will likely only make the final 53-man roster if McKinnon or Breida suffer a setback.
Our models project Morris for just 68.3 total yards on 12.9 touches this season.
- Buccaneers sign Ndamukong Suh to 1-year deal May 21st, 2019
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- San Francisco 49ers draft defensive end Nick Bosa second overall April 25th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- 49ers plan to keep Jerick McKinnon March 25th, 2019
- Jordan Matthews signs with San Francisco March 15th, 2019
- Tevin Coleman signs with 49ers for 2-years, $10M March 13th, 2019
- Chiefs reportedly trade Dee Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick March 12th, 2019