San Francisco adds Alfred Morris to injured backfield
The San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent running back Alfred Morris on Monday.
With Jerick McKinnon banged up and Matt Breida out the rest of the preseason, the Niners needed to add some depth to the backfield for training camp. Morris is familiar with head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense from their time in Washington together, but will likely only make the final 53-man roster if McKinnon or Breida suffer a setback.
Our models project Morris for just 68.3 total yards on 12.9 touches this season.
- Rex Burkhead rushes for 2 TDs, including game-winner, in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 21st, 2019
- Sammy Watkins hauls in 114 receiving for Kansas City on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Rob Gronkowski catches 6 passes for 79 yards for New England on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Patrick Mahomes throws for 295 yards, 3 touchdowns in Chiefs' AFC title game defeat January 21st, 2019
- Chiefs' Damien Williams scores three touchdowns in AFC title game loss January 21st, 2019
- Tom Brady headed to ninth Super Bowl after passing for 348 yards in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 20th, 2019
- George Kittle breaks single season tight end receiving record in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- Marquise Goodwin (calf) not practicing for 49ers Wednesday December 26th, 2018
- 49ers' Dante Pettis (MCL) will not play against Seattle in Week 17 December 24th, 2018
- San Francisco's Matt Breida (ankle) ruled out for Week 17 December 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Dante Pettis suffers MCL injury, out for finale December 24th, 2018
- 49ers remove Matt Breida from Week 16's final injury report December 21st, 2018