San Francisco adds Alfred Morris to injured backfield
The San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent running back Alfred Morris on Monday.
With Jerick McKinnon banged up and Matt Breida out the rest of the preseason, the Niners needed to add some depth to the backfield for training camp. Morris is familiar with head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense from their time in Washington together, but will likely only make the final 53-man roster if McKinnon or Breida suffer a setback.
Our models project Morris for just 68.3 total yards on 12.9 touches this season.
- Tampa Bay's Mike Evans ranked as Week 11's WR12 November 13th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Lavonte David dealing with MCL sprain November 13th, 2018
- Green Bay's Jimmy Graham projected for 7.9 targets in Week 11's game against Seattle November 13th, 2018
- Monday night's Rams-Chiefs game moved to Los Angeles from Mexico City November 13th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Pittsburgh on Tuesday, ineligible to play this season November 13th, 2018
- Buffalo Bills release wide receiver Terrelle Pryor November 13th, 2018
- San Francisco's Nick Mullens will continue to start at quarterback November 13th, 2018
- Nick Mullens not able to pull it off again for 49ers versus Giants November 13th, 2018
- Matt Breida racks up 132 yards, 2 touchdowns for 49ers November 13th, 2018
- George Kittle has 9 catches for 83 yards in 49ers' loss November 13th, 2018
- Pierre Garcon (knee) out for San Francisco in Week 10 November 10th, 2018
- Nick Mullens to make another start for 49ers Week 10 November 6th, 2018