San Francisco adds Alfred Morris to injured backfield
The San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent running back Alfred Morris on Monday.
With Jerick McKinnon banged up and Matt Breida out the rest of the preseason, the Niners needed to add some depth to the backfield for training camp. Morris is familiar with head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense from their time in Washington together, but will likely only make the final 53-man roster if McKinnon or Breida suffer a setback.
Our models project Morris for just 68.3 total yards on 12.9 touches this season.
- Browns' Carlos Hyde projected to be a top-15 back in Week 3 September 19th, 2018
- Miami's Kenyan Drake (abdomen) a full participant in Wednesday's practice September 19th, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch (shoulder) limited in Raiders' practice on Wednesday September 19th, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill believes Dolphins have the 'hunger and desire to win' September 19th, 2018
- Sam Bradford will remain the Cardinals starting quarterback for Week 3 September 19th, 2018
- Jack Doyle (hip) not practicing on Wednesday for Indy September 19th, 2018
- 49ers' Alfred Morris taking care of dirty work on ground September 18th, 2018
- Matt Breida envisions 'great year' for 49ers' backfield September 18th, 2018
- Reuben Foster's suspension lifted, eligible to play for 49ers in Week 3 September 17th, 2018
- Jimmy Garoppolo fares better Week 2, 49ers beat Lions September 17th, 2018
- 49ers' George Kittle quiet in Week 2 win September 17th, 2018
- Josh Gordon reportedly expected to be dealt by Browns Monday September 17th, 2018