Washington's Derrius Guice out for the season with torn ACL
Washington Redskins running back Derrius Guice suffered a torn ACL in Thursday's preseason opener and will miss the 2018 season.
Brutal blow for Guice as the initial reports of a sprained MCL worsened following an MRI. A second-round pick out of LSU, Guice was expected to provide a boost to the sagging Washington running game. Now they are left with the duo of Samaje Perine and Rob Kelley for the bulk of the early down work. Chris Thompson will be the third-down back but is still recovering from a broken leg and may not be fully healthy until November. Expect the Redskins to bring in a back or two to push or replace Perine/Kelley.
Washington averaged just 3.6 yards per carry in 2017 with Perine leading the team with 603 rushing yards.
- Packers' Jace Sternberger suspended first two games of 2021 June 10th, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) expected to be ready for Giants' training camp June 10th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021
- Ravens sign Gus Edwards to 2-year extension June 7th, 2021
- DeVante Parker "moving around" in the Dolphins' formation June 7th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021
- Washington's Taylor Heinecke starting under center on Saturday January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) inactive for Washington in Saturday's Wild Card game January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) upgraded as Washington prepares for Buccaneers January 7th, 2021