Colts' Andrew Luck out two to six weeks with kidney issue
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has been diagnosed with a lacerated kidney and will be sidelined two to six weeks.
With the Colts taking their bye week this week, Luck could miss just one game if he is able to return at the front end of the timetable. If he's out the full six weeks, he would return in Week 16 and miss the next five games. Matt Hasselbeck will take over the starting gig in Luck's absence. This has a negative impact on all the Colts' pass catchers, with maybe Frank Gore seeing more touches as a result.
Just as the Colts looked like they were righting the ship, they're hit with this blow. Hasselback led Indianapolis to wins in Week 3 and Week 4. Among quarterbacks with 50 drop backs this season, Hasselbeck ranks fifth in Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play. The Atlanta Falcons, the Colts' Week 11 opponent, sit 19th in terms of Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Colts say Andrew Luck (shoulder) has resumed throwing March 27th, 2018
- Christine Michael re-signs with Colts March 21st, 2018
- Report: Ryan Grant signing with Colts March 20th, 2018
- Eric Ebron signs 2-year deal with Colts worth $15 million March 19th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Jets acquire third overall pick in trade with Colts March 17th, 2018