Colts' Andrew Luck out two to six weeks with kidney issue
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has been diagnosed with a lacerated kidney and will be sidelined two to six weeks.
With the Colts taking their bye week this week, Luck could miss just one game if he is able to return at the front end of the timetable. If he's out the full six weeks, he would return in Week 16 and miss the next five games. Matt Hasselbeck will take over the starting gig in Luck's absence. This has a negative impact on all the Colts' pass catchers, with maybe Frank Gore seeing more touches as a result.
Just as the Colts looked like they were righting the ship, they're hit with this blow. Hasselback led Indianapolis to wins in Week 3 and Week 4. Among quarterbacks with 50 drop backs this season, Hasselbeck ranks fifth in Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play. The Atlanta Falcons, the Colts' Week 11 opponent, sit 19th in terms of Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play.
- Chiefs acquire Frank Clark from Seattle for picks April 23rd, 2019
- Demaryius Thomas signs one-year deal with New England April 16th, 2019
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks sign 4-year, $140 million extension April 16th, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Justin Houston signs with Colts for 2 years, $24 million March 21st, 2019
- Colts keep corner Pierre Desir on three-year deal March 13th, 2019
- Colts and Devin Funchess agree on a one-year deal March 11th, 2019
- Adam Vinatieri would return if Colts want him January 14th, 2019
- Ryan Grant (toe) out for Colts in Divisional Round January 10th, 2019