Colts' Andrew Luck out two to six weeks with kidney issue
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has been diagnosed with a lacerated kidney and will be sidelined two to six weeks.
With the Colts taking their bye week this week, Luck could miss just one game if he is able to return at the front end of the timetable. If he's out the full six weeks, he would return in Week 16 and miss the next five games. Matt Hasselbeck will take over the starting gig in Luck's absence. This has a negative impact on all the Colts' pass catchers, with maybe Frank Gore seeing more touches as a result.
Just as the Colts looked like they were righting the ship, they're hit with this blow. Hasselback led Indianapolis to wins in Week 3 and Week 4. Among quarterbacks with 50 drop backs this season, Hasselbeck ranks fifth in Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play. The Atlanta Falcons, the Colts' Week 11 opponent, sit 19th in terms of Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play.
- DeMarco Murray announces retirement Friday July 13th, 2018
- Corey Davis shined during Titans spring work July 13th, 2018
- Chris Ivory to be Bills' next man up if LeSean McCoy is out July 12th, 2018
- Titans plan for Derrick Henry as primary rushing back July 12th, 2018
- Cody Latimer is secure in Giants' third receiver role July 12th, 2018
- Panthers' Cam Newton could be on hot seat July 12th, 2018
- Colts' Robert Turbin slapped with four-game PED ban June 29th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck (shoulder) remains pain-free June 28th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Colts' fourth-rounder Nyheim Hines doing everything on offense June 15th, 2018
- Robert Turbin expected to have key role in Colts' backfield June 15th, 2018