Colts' Andrew Luck out two to six weeks with kidney issue
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has been diagnosed with a lacerated kidney and will be sidelined two to six weeks.
With the Colts taking their bye week this week, Luck could miss just one game if he is able to return at the front end of the timetable. If he's out the full six weeks, he would return in Week 16 and miss the next five games. Matt Hasselbeck will take over the starting gig in Luck's absence. This has a negative impact on all the Colts' pass catchers, with maybe Frank Gore seeing more touches as a result.
Just as the Colts looked like they were righting the ship, they're hit with this blow. Hasselback led Indianapolis to wins in Week 3 and Week 4. Among quarterbacks with 50 drop backs this season, Hasselbeck ranks fifth in Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play. The Atlanta Falcons, the Colts' Week 11 opponent, sit 19th in terms of Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play.
- Golden Tate optimistic about Lions' future September 20th, 2018
- Jimmy Graham facing potential fines for ignoring Green Bay media September 20th, 2018
- A.J. Green a top-10 Week 3 wideout for Bengals versus Panthers September 20th, 2018
- Falcons' Tevin Coleman expected to see 20 touches again Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Dalvin Cook (hamstring) still not practicing for Vikings September 20th, 2018
- Josh Gordon (hamstring) limited again Thursday for Patriots September 20th, 2018
- Marlon Mack (hamstring) absent from Colts' Thursday practice September 20th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton (quad) missed Colts' practice again on Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Jack Doyle (hip) absent from Colts' Thursday practice September 20th, 2018
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton dismisses quad issue September 20th, 2018
- Jack Doyle (hip) not practicing on Wednesday for Indy September 19th, 2018
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton (quad) misses Wednesday's practice September 19th, 2018