Colts' Andrew Luck out two to six weeks with kidney issue
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has been diagnosed with a lacerated kidney and will be sidelined two to six weeks.
With the Colts taking their bye week this week, Luck could miss just one game if he is able to return at the front end of the timetable. If he's out the full six weeks, he would return in Week 16 and miss the next five games. Matt Hasselbeck will take over the starting gig in Luck's absence. This has a negative impact on all the Colts' pass catchers, with maybe Frank Gore seeing more touches as a result.
Just as the Colts looked like they were righting the ship, they're hit with this blow. Hasselback led Indianapolis to wins in Week 3 and Week 4. Among quarterbacks with 50 drop backs this season, Hasselbeck ranks fifth in Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play. The Atlanta Falcons, the Colts' Week 11 opponent, sit 19th in terms of Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play.
- Seattle's Doug Baldwin (hip) considered day-to-day December 12th, 2018
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette ranked as Week 15's RB8 December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce projected for 10.5 targets in Week 15's matchup against the Chargers December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (foot) officially out for Week 15 December 12th, 2018
- Eric Berry (heel) expected to make season debut for Chiefs Thursday night December 12th, 2018
- Atlanta's Austin Hooper (leg) unable to practice on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton sits out Colts practice Wednesday with ankle injury December 12th, 2018
- Andrew Luck throws for 399 yards Sunday in Colts' win December 10th, 2018
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton has a monster game on Sunday against Houston December 10th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton (shoulder) will play for Colts in Week 14 December 9th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton (shoulder) to be game-time call for Colts Sunday December 7th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton (shoulder) returns to Colts practice Friday December 7th, 2018