Saints add Shane Vereen to backfield
The New Orleans Saints signed free agent running back Shane Vereen, formerly of the New York Giants.
Vereen, 29, has more receiving yards (1,865) than rushing yards (1,489) through seven seasons in the league, but he's only found the end zone once over the past two campaigns (21 games). The Saints also signed Terrance West earlier this offseason and drafted Boston West in the sixth round, so Vereen may not be a lock to make the final roster behind Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram. Trey Edmunds and Jonathan Williams are also in the mix.
Vereen finished with 417 scoreless yards on 45 carries and 44 receptions (53 targets) for the Giants last season.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) questionable to return Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankle) sidelined against Rams, Jacob Eason now under center September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Davis Mills in for Tyrod Taylor in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Tyrod Taylor (leg) sidelined for Texans in Week 2; Davis Mills filling in September 19th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) will not return against Texans September 19th, 2021
- Darin Ruf out of San Francisco's Saturday lineup against Atlanta September 18th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) active for Giants on Thursday Night Football September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) ruled out for Giants on Thursday September 15th, 2021