Le'Veon Bell to play under tag again, likely done with Steelers after 2018
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell will play under the franchise tag for a second straight season.
The two sides failed to reach a long-term agreement, and as a result, Bell likely won't return to the Steelers after this season, his agent, Adisa Bakari, told ESPN's Adam Schefter. "It became clear the Steelers wanted to pay the position, not the player," Bakari said. Last season, Bell sat out all of training camp and didn't report to the Steelers until nine days before Week 1, and Schefter reported earlier Monday that the 26-year-old running back may sit out the first half of the season if a deal wasn't reached. He will yield $14.544 million under the tag in 2018.
As of now, numberFire's models expect Bell to play a full season and have him rated as the top overall running back in our preseason fantasy football rankings. We project him for 1,398.8 yards and 10.15 touchdowns on the ground, with another 662.9 yards and 2.79 touchdowns on 81.5 catches.
- 49ers plan to keep Jerick McKinnon March 25th, 2019
- Drew Rosenhaus: Rob Gronkowski would return to Patriots March 25th, 2019
- Jared Cook reportedly committed to Saints March 25th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Washington's Colt McCoy underwent leg surgery March 25th, 2019
- Phillip Lindsay (wrist) likely to miss Broncos' OTAs March 25th, 2019
- Steelers sign Donte Moncrief to 2-year contract March 14th, 2019
- Raiders acquire Antonio Brown from Pittsburgh for 3rd and 5th-rounders March 10th, 2019
- Report: Antonio Brown refuses to go to Buffalo in Steelers trade March 8th, 2019
- Steelers reportedly setting Friday deadline for Antonio Brown offers March 7th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019