Le'Veon Bell to play under tag again, likely done with Steelers after 2018
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell will play under the franchise tag for a second straight season.
The two sides failed to reach a long-term agreement, and as a result, Bell likely won't return to the Steelers after this season, his agent, Adisa Bakari, told ESPN's Adam Schefter. "It became clear the Steelers wanted to pay the position, not the player," Bakari said. Last season, Bell sat out all of training camp and didn't report to the Steelers until nine days before Week 1, and Schefter reported earlier Monday that the 26-year-old running back may sit out the first half of the season if a deal wasn't reached. He will yield $14.544 million under the tag in 2018.
As of now, numberFire's models expect Bell to play a full season and have him rated as the top overall running back in our preseason fantasy football rankings. We project him for 1,398.8 yards and 10.15 touchdowns on the ground, with another 662.9 yards and 2.79 touchdowns on 81.5 catches.
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) suffered a UCL injury on Sunday October 15th, 2018
- Raiders looking for a 1st-round pick in exchange for Amari Cooper October 15th, 2018
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) diagnosed with MCL sprain October 15th, 2018
- Pierre Garcon (shoulder) active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Matt Breida (ankle) active for the 49ers on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- George Kittle (knee) officially active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Steelers not expecting Le'Veon Bell to report this week October 15th, 2018
- No sign of Le'Veon Bell at Steelers' facility on Monday, according to report October 15th, 2018
- JuJu Smith-Schuster posts 111 yards on 7 receptions for Pittsburgh October 15th, 2018
- Ben Roethlisberger passes for 369 yards, 1 touchdown in Steelers' win October 15th, 2018
- Antonio Brown hauls in the game-winning score for Pittsburgh in Week 6 October 14th, 2018
- James Conner tops 100 yards, scores twice in Steelers' victory October 14th, 2018