Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday
The Oakland Raiders have waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday.
Hackenberg was acquired earlier this offseason from the New York Jets for a conditional seventh-round pick but after struggling in OTAs he has been released. The Raiders will get to keep their pick after the move. Hackenberg will go down as one of the most disappointing picks in recent years after being drafted by New York with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Hackenberg has not thrown an NFL pass during the regular season and completed just 59 of 121 passes (48.8%) he attempted during 6 preseason games the last two seasons.
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton to test injured hamstring in practice October 17th, 2018
- Derek Anderson named Bills' Week 7 starter versus Colts October 17th, 2018
- T.J. Yeldon (foot, ankle) not practicing for Jaguars Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) still sidelined for Jaguars Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Josh Rosen: Cardinals not in desperation mode October 16th, 2018
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk projected for 6.82 targets in Week 7 October 16th, 2018
- Jason Peters (biceps) 'can play' for Eagles Week 7 October 17th, 2018
- Jason Peters injures biceps in Eagles' win Thursday October 12th, 2018
- Alshon Jeffery hauls in 2 touchdown passes in Eagles' victory October 12th, 2018
- Carson Wentz leads Eagles to victory with 3 touchdown passes in Week 6 October 11th, 2018
- Eagles' Jason Peters (bicep) out for remainder of Thursday's game October 11th, 2018
- Lane Johnson (ankle) active for Eagles on Thursday night October 11th, 2018