Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday
The Oakland Raiders have waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday.
Hackenberg was acquired earlier this offseason from the New York Jets for a conditional seventh-round pick but after struggling in OTAs he has been released. The Raiders will get to keep their pick after the move. Hackenberg will go down as one of the most disappointing picks in recent years after being drafted by New York with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Hackenberg has not thrown an NFL pass during the regular season and completed just 59 of 121 passes (48.8%) he attempted during 6 preseason games the last two seasons.
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette expects to have a role in 2019 passing game June 15th, 2019
- Rams will extend Jared Goff, coach says June 13th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts June 13th, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles for 2020 Draft pick March 28th, 2019
- Richard Rodgers re-signs with Philadelphia March 28th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Duke Johnson reportedly being shopped around by Browns March 14th, 2019