Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday
The Oakland Raiders have waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday.
Hackenberg was acquired earlier this offseason from the New York Jets for a conditional seventh-round pick but after struggling in OTAs he has been released. The Raiders will get to keep their pick after the move. Hackenberg will go down as one of the most disappointing picks in recent years after being drafted by New York with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Hackenberg has not thrown an NFL pass during the regular season and completed just 59 of 121 passes (48.8%) he attempted during 6 preseason games the last two seasons.
- Bears to release kicker Cody Parkey at start of league year February 22nd, 2019
- Rapoport: Bears expected to release Dion Sims February 20th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Nick Foles reportedly declines Eagles option, enters free agency February 6th, 2019
- Carson Wentz (back) is Eagles' quarterback 'going forward' January 15th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Nick Foles scores two touchdowns in defeat to New Orleans January 13th, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery (ribs) not on Eagles' injury report for Divisional Round January 11th, 2019
- Mike Wallace (ankle) questionable for Philadelphia in Divisional Round January 11th, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery limited for Eagles' walkthrough January 9th, 2019