Buccaneers' second-rounder Ronald Jones expected to split backfield work
Tampa Bay Buccaneers second-round running back Ronald Jones will "share the load" with Peyton Barber, writes Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.
Auman adds that Charles Sims "will have a chance to keep the third-down role he held last season," which could lead to a three-way committee in the Buccaneers' backfield. Jones was taken with the 38th overall pick and could earn more work as the season progresses if he's able to contribute in more ways than just running the ball.
numberFire's early models project Jones to rush 180 times for 704.2 yards and 4.77 touchdowns during his rookie campaign, while also adding 32.6 catches for 246.7 yards and 0.81 scores through the air.
- Josh Palmer (ankle) limited for Chargers on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Chargers' Gerald Everett (hamstring) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Raiders' Hunter Renfrow (concussion) upgraded to full practice on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore (knee) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle) limited again on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Saints' Jameis Winston (back) DNP again on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling (abdomen) active for Chiefs in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Fowler: Kansas City's Marquez Valdes-Scantling (abdomen) plans to play in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- Chiefs' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (ab) returns to practice September 30th, 2022
- Mecole Hardman (heel) limited for Chiefs on Thursday September 29th, 2022
- Chiefs' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (abdomen) downgraded to DNP on Thursday September 29th, 2022
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (heel) DNP on Wednesday September 28th, 2022