Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick
The New York Jets have traded quarterback Christian Hackenberg to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a conditional 2019 seventh-round pick.
Hackenberg was taken in the second-round of the 2016 draft by the Jets but was a long-shot at making the club in 2018 after drafting Sam Darnold in the first-round and signing Teddy Bridgewater in free agency. Hackenberg will compete with E.J. Manuel and Connor Cook for the backup job behind Derek Carr in Oakland.
Hackenberg never attempted a pass in a regular season game with the Jets and completed just 59 of 121 attempts (48.8%) in his 6 preseason appearances the last 2 seasons.
- Rams match Lions, re-sign Malcolm Brown March 22nd, 2019
- Justin Houston signs with Colts for 2 years, $24 million March 21st, 2019
- Texans to sign quarterback A.J. McCarron March 20th, 2019
- Clay Matthews joins the Rams March 20th, 2019
- Vontaze Burfict signs with the Raiders March 20th, 2019
- Randall Cobb signs with Cowboys for 1-year, $5 million March 19th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Duke Johnson reportedly being shopped around by Browns March 14th, 2019
- Nelson Agholor reportedly returning to Eagles March 12th, 2019
- Philadelphia reportedly acquire Desean Jackson from Buccaneers on Monday March 11th, 2019
- Eagles keep Jason Peters on one-year deal March 11th, 2019
- Eagles sign Malik Jackson for 3 years, $30M March 11th, 2019