Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick
The New York Jets have traded quarterback Christian Hackenberg to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a conditional 2019 seventh-round pick.
Hackenberg was taken in the second-round of the 2016 draft by the Jets but was a long-shot at making the club in 2018 after drafting Sam Darnold in the first-round and signing Teddy Bridgewater in free agency. Hackenberg will compete with E.J. Manuel and Connor Cook for the backup job behind Derek Carr in Oakland.
Hackenberg never attempted a pass in a regular season game with the Jets and completed just 59 of 121 attempts (48.8%) in his 6 preseason appearances the last 2 seasons.
- Raiders release C.J. Anderson December 11th, 2018
- Buccaneers' DeSean Jackson (thumb) unable to squeeze ball December 11th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) limited on Tuesday for Chargers December 11th, 2018
- Lions place Ezekiel Ansah on injured reserve with shoulder injury December 11th, 2018
- Tyreek Hill (heel) limited on Tuesday for Kansas City December 11th, 2018
- Courtland Sutton (thigh) not practicing for Broncos Tuesday December 11th, 2018
- Eagles put Corey Clement (knee) on injured reserve December 11th, 2018
- Eagles' Corey Clement injures knee, reportedly 'expected to miss time' December 11th, 2018
- Rapoport: Eagles expected to sign Boston Scott from Saints' practice squad December 11th, 2018
- Alshon Jeffery has 50 yards, 1 touchdown on 6 catches in Eagles' loss December 10th, 2018
- Josh Adams sees only 7 carries in Eagles' loss December 10th, 2018
- Eagles' Carson Wentz throws three touchdowns in Week 14's overtime loss to Dallas December 9th, 2018