Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick
The New York Jets have traded quarterback Christian Hackenberg to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a conditional 2019 seventh-round pick.
Hackenberg was taken in the second-round of the 2016 draft by the Jets but was a long-shot at making the club in 2018 after drafting Sam Darnold in the first-round and signing Teddy Bridgewater in free agency. Hackenberg will compete with E.J. Manuel and Connor Cook for the backup job behind Derek Carr in Oakland.
Hackenberg never attempted a pass in a regular season game with the Jets and completed just 59 of 121 attempts (48.8%) in his 6 preseason appearances the last 2 seasons.
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley struggling during Packers' minicamp June 21st, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday June 12th, 2018
- Khalil Mack will likely skip Raiders' minicamp this weekend June 11th, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Raiders cut quarterback Josh Johnson May 10th, 2018