49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp
San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman expects to be ready for training camp, reports ESPN's Josina Anderson.
Sherman told Anderson that he jogged on the field for the first time on Wednesday and said his Achilles "felt great." He added, "I'll be ready for training camp, but (the team) is going to be overly cautious either way." There's the possibility that the veteran is held out of all of preseason, but his progress is encouraging for a full season in his first with San Francisco.
Last season in Seattle, Sherman tallied 25 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 2 interceptions in 9 games. Pro Football Focus graded him as the 33rd-best corner in 2018.
- Marcus Mariota (elbow) practicing again for Titans Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Kelvin Benjamin (hip) practicing in full for Bills Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Julio Jones (calf) misses Falcons' practice again Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Marlon Mack (hamstring) absent from Colts' Thursday practice September 20th, 2018
- Case Keenum (knee) returns to Broncos practice Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Ravens' C.J. Mosley (knee) returns to practice Thursday September 20th, 2018
- 49ers' Alfred Morris taking care of dirty work on ground September 18th, 2018
- Matt Breida envisions 'great year' for 49ers' backfield September 18th, 2018
- Reuben Foster's suspension lifted, eligible to play for 49ers in Week 3 September 17th, 2018
- Jimmy Garoppolo fares better Week 2, 49ers beat Lions September 17th, 2018
- 49ers' George Kittle quiet in Week 2 win September 17th, 2018
- Josh Gordon reportedly expected to be dealt by Browns Monday September 17th, 2018