49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp
San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman expects to be ready for training camp, reports ESPN's Josina Anderson.
Sherman told Anderson that he jogged on the field for the first time on Wednesday and said his Achilles "felt great." He added, "I'll be ready for training camp, but (the team) is going to be overly cautious either way." There's the possibility that the veteran is held out of all of preseason, but his progress is encouraging for a full season in his first with San Francisco.
Last season in Seattle, Sherman tallied 25 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 2 interceptions in 9 games. Pro Football Focus graded him as the 33rd-best corner in 2018.
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski to decide in 'next couple weeks' February 19th, 2019
- Charles Clay joins Cardinals with 1-year deal February 19th, 2019
- Antonio Brown meets with Steelers owner, agree 'time to move on' February 19th, 2019
- Cowboys reportedly letting Terrance Williams walk February 18th, 2019
- George Kittle breaks single season tight end receiving record in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- Marquise Goodwin (calf) not practicing for 49ers Wednesday December 26th, 2018
- 49ers' Dante Pettis (MCL) will not play against Seattle in Week 17 December 24th, 2018
- San Francisco's Matt Breida (ankle) ruled out for Week 17 December 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Dante Pettis suffers MCL injury, out for finale December 24th, 2018
- 49ers remove Matt Breida from Week 16's final injury report December 21st, 2018