Panthers place Fozzy Whittaker (knee) on injured reserve
According to the Charlotte Observer's Joe Person, the Carolina Panthers have placed running back Fozzy Whittaker on injured reserve.
Whittaker suffered a torn ACL during an OTA this week, ending his 2018 season before it gets underway. He could have pushed for third-down work alongside Christian McCaffrey but we can expect more McCaffrey with the recently signed C.J. Anderson working as more of an early-down back.
In 2017, Whittaker ran for 18 yards on just 7 carries. He also added 47 yards and a score on 5 catches.
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Zane Gonzalez signs deal with Panthers Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey racks up 187 all-purpose yards in Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Panthers claim running back Royce Freeman off waivers on Thursday September 2nd, 2021
- Robbie Anderson signs 2-year extension with Carolina August 24th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey "hungry" and "ready to go" August 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Robby Anderson (hamstring) misses practice on Wednesday August 18th, 2021