Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is reportedly up in the air about playing the 2018 season.
This report comes via ESPN's Adam Schefter, who adds "even though people who know him believe he will be back." Schefter expects him to return as well, though Brady is now 41 and with other priorities demanding his attention. There's also been some reported friction between the future Hall of Fame quarterback and coach Bill Belichick. This should make it even more likely that New England looks for a quarterback early in this year's draft.
In 2017, Brady's 162.4 Net Expected Points led the entire NFL, and by a sizable margin over the next-closest player.
- 49ers' Reuben Foster reports to Thursday's OTAs May 24th, 2018
- Zay Jones (knee) undergoes surgery, to miss remainder of Bills' offseason program May 24th, 2018
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Tom Brady reportedly sitting out of Patriots' OTAs May 21st, 2018
- Patriots acquire OT Trent Brown from 49ers April 27th, 2018
- New England Patriots use the 31st pick on RB Sony Michel April 26th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski announces he will return to Patriots for 2018 season April 24th, 2018
- Tom Brady's agent says the Pats' quarterback will be back in 2018 April 23rd, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018