Browns deal defensive tackle Danny Shelton to Patriots
According to ESPN's Field Yates, the Cleveland Browns have traded defensive tackle Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots.
In the deal, the Patriots also receive the Browns' 2018 fifth-round pick. As for the Browns, they obtain a third-round pick in next year's draft. The Patriots improve a defense that ranked 29th overall and 26th against the rush in 2017. Meanwhile, the Browns will roll with second-year tackle Larry Ogunjobi.
Last year, Shelton started 14 games and produced 20 tackles and 1 pass defense. He also rated out as a top-20 interior defender as a primary run-stuffer for the Browns.
- Titans: Julio Jones limited snaps due to tightness September 28th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Miles Sanders touches ball five times in Eagles loss September 28th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dalton Schultz scores twice in victory September 28th, 2021
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Giants rule out Darius Slayton (hamstring) for remainder of Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Giants' Devontae Booker inactive for Week 3 clash with Atlanta September 26th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) listed as questionable on Giants' Week 3 injury report September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021