Steelers' Ryan Shazier (back) won't play in 2018
NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal reports that Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier won't play in 2018, according to general manager Kevin Colbert.
This news seemed to be coming at some point. After suffering a spinal injury and undergoing spinal stabilization surgery less than three months ago, Shazier's going to take some time before entering the conversation of playing again. He's back to walking and hopes to play in the NFL again. For now, though, he'll remain around the team and watch as Vince Williams and Tyler Matakevich hold down the fort in the middle of the Steelers' defense.
Over his first 4 seasons, Shazier has accounted for 205 tackles, 7 sacks, 7 forced fumbles and 7 interceptions in 46 games.
- Tampa Bay's Mike Evans rebounds with six reception performance against New York in Week 11 November 18th, 2018
- Panthers' D.J. Moore flashes in Week 11 with 157 receiving yard performance November 18th, 2018
- Saquon Barkley scores three touchdowns in New York's Week 11 win over Buccaneers November 18th, 2018
- Baltimore's Joe Flacco (hip) not expected back in Week 12 November 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott accounts for 201 scrimmage yards in Week 11's victory over Atlanta November 18th, 2018
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton explodes for 155 receiving yards in Week 11 November 18th, 2018
- Steelers could use transition tag on Le'Veon Bell for 2019 season November 18th, 2018
- Steelers' Antonio Brown ranked as Week 11's WR5 November 17th, 2018
- James Conner (concussion) practices fully for Steelers Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Pittsburgh on Tuesday, ineligible to play this season November 13th, 2018
- Steelers' Jaylen Samuels 'arrow pointing up' November 13th, 2018
- James Conner (concussion) expected to practice for Steelers Wednesday November 13th, 2018