Steelers' Ryan Shazier (back) won't play in 2018
NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal reports that Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier won't play in 2018, according to general manager Kevin Colbert.
This news seemed to be coming at some point. After suffering a spinal injury and undergoing spinal stabilization surgery less than three months ago, Shazier's going to take some time before entering the conversation of playing again. He's back to walking and hopes to play in the NFL again. For now, though, he'll remain around the team and watch as Vince Williams and Tyler Matakevich hold down the fort in the middle of the Steelers' defense.
Over his first 4 seasons, Shazier has accounted for 205 tackles, 7 sacks, 7 forced fumbles and 7 interceptions in 46 games.
- Rams' Marcus Peters (calf) will reportedly miss 2-4 weeks September 24th, 2018
- Andy Dalton tosses 2 scores, 4 picks in Bengals' loss September 24th, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch scores in the Raiders' loss to the Dolphins September 24th, 2018
- Will Fuller surpasses 100 yards, scores again for Texans Week 3 September 24th, 2018
- Deshaun Watson does damage late in Texans' loss September 24th, 2018
- Jimmy Graham catches 5 passes for 45 yards in Packers' loss September 24th, 2018
- Antonio Brown expresses gratitude for Steelers, says trade tweet 'stupid' September 20th, 2018
- Joe Haden (hamstring) expected back for Steelers versus Buccaneers September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown disciplined for missing Steelers meeting September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown returns to the Steelers facility Wednesday September 19th, 2018
- Antonio Brown's absence from Steelers Monday due to 'personal matter' September 18th, 2018
- Steelers' Antonio Brown reportedly misses Monday's meetings and film review September 18th, 2018