Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams
The Kansas City Chiefs are trading defensive back Marcus Peters to the Los Angeles Rams, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
According to Schefter, the two sides are in the "final stages of talks" and "the trade is expected to be agreed to as early as today," although things won't become final until the new league year begins on March 14. Trumaine Johnson is expected to leave in free agency, and it looks like Peters will take over as the Rams' new number-one corner. The 25-year-old leads all corners in interceptions (19) since entering the league in 2015.
Peters recorded 46 tackles (42 solo) with 5 interceptions, 9 pass deflections, 4 forced fumbles, and 1 touchdown last season.
- Christine Michael re-signs with Colts March 21st, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch takes pay cut to stay with Raiders March 21st, 2018
- Lions sign Luke Willson to 1-year, $2.5 million contract March 21st, 2018
- Bills' Zay Jones arrested, charged with felony vandalism March 20th, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to return by May or June March 20th, 2018
- Eric Decker visiting Raiders on Tuesday March 20th, 2018
- Sammy Watkins reportedly joins Chiefs for 3 years, $48 million March 13th, 2018
- Rams getting Marcus Peters from Chiefs for 2018 4th, 2019 2nd February 26th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Report: Marcus Peters 'may not be long' for Kansas City February 20th, 2018
- Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent February 13th, 2018
- Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City February 9th, 2018