Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams
The Kansas City Chiefs are trading defensive back Marcus Peters to the Los Angeles Rams, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
According to Schefter, the two sides are in the "final stages of talks" and "the trade is expected to be agreed to as early as today," although things won't become final until the new league year begins on March 14. Trumaine Johnson is expected to leave in free agency, and it looks like Peters will take over as the Rams' new number-one corner. The 25-year-old leads all corners in interceptions (19) since entering the league in 2015.
Peters recorded 46 tackles (42 solo) with 5 interceptions, 9 pass deflections, 4 forced fumbles, and 1 touchdown last season.
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley struggling during Packers' minicamp June 21st, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson receives legal slap on wrist June 21st, 2018
- Free agent Eric Decker eyeing up Patriots June 21st, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston could be facing suspension June 21st, 2018
- Seahawks' Brandon Marshall (toe, ankle, hamstring) will be ready for training camp June 21st, 2018
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt (hamstring) will be ready for training camp June 14th, 2018
- Sammy Watkins and Patrick Mahomes connecting in Chiefs' offseason June 14th, 2018
- Damien Williams reportedly joining Chiefs' backfield March 22nd, 2018
- Sammy Watkins reportedly joins Chiefs for 3 years, $48 million March 13th, 2018
- Rams getting Marcus Peters from Chiefs for 2018 4th, 2019 2nd February 26th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018