Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason
Carolina Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart is viewed a potential cut candidate this offseason.
Entering the final year of his contract, the 30-year-old is due a total of $3.5 million in 2018. Cutting him would save the team even more than that toward the cap, allowing them to make upgrades elsewhere. Christian McCaffrey was much more effective in his role as a rookie in 2017. He would undoubtedly see a larger workload absent Stewart.
In 2017, Stewart played in 15 games, rushing for 680 yards and 6 touchdowns on 198 carries.
- Aaron Rodgers suffered groin injury in Packers' Week 15 loss December 18th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) feels 'good enough' for Chargers December 18th, 2018
- Wil Lutz converts on pair of field goals, Saints beat Panthers December 18th, 2018
- Mark Ingram produces 74 scoreless yards in Saints' win December 18th, 2018
- Drew Brees submits 203 scoreless yards, interception for New Orleans December 18th, 2018
- Cam Newton kept out of end zone again in Carolina loss December 18th, 2018
- Giants sticking with Eli Manning for Week 16 December 17th, 2018
- Giants 'hopeful' Odell Beckham (quad) returns Week 16 December 17th, 2018
- Saquon Barkley limited to 56 yards in Giants' shutout loss December 17th, 2018
- Odell Beckham (quad) ruled out for Giants again in Week 15 versus Titans December 14th, 2018
- Giants' Odell Beckham (quad) 'much better', unsure about Week 15 December 13th, 2018
- Odell Beckham (quad) will not practice for Giants Thursday December 13th, 2018