Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason
Carolina Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart is viewed a potential cut candidate this offseason.
Entering the final year of his contract, the 30-year-old is due a total of $3.5 million in 2018. Cutting him would save the team even more than that toward the cap, allowing them to make upgrades elsewhere. Christian McCaffrey was much more effective in his role as a rookie in 2017. He would undoubtedly see a larger workload absent Stewart.
In 2017, Stewart played in 15 games, rushing for 680 yards and 6 touchdowns on 198 carries.
- Cameron Meredith (knee) active for New Orleans on Sunday September 23rd, 2018
- Seth Roberts a healthy scratch in Week 3 for Oakland September 23rd, 2018
- Aaron Rodgers (knee) officially active for Packers in Washington September 23rd, 2018
- Marcus Mariota (elbow) active, expected to back up Blaine Gabbert for Titans Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) inactive for Jaguars on Sunday September 23rd, 2018
- Marquise Goodwin (quad) good to go for 49ers Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Giants' Eli Apple (groin) still out at Friday's practice September 21st, 2018
- Eli Manning projected to finish outside top-20 quarterbacks in Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Evan Engram (ankle) practicing again for Giants Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Eli Manning throws for 279 yards on 44 attempts in Giants' loss to the Cowboys September 17th, 2018
- Giants center Jon Halapio (ankle) done for the season September 17th, 2018
- Odell Beckham disappoints in Giants' loss to Dallas September 16th, 2018