Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason
Carolina Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart is viewed a potential cut candidate this offseason.
Entering the final year of his contract, the 30-year-old is due a total of $3.5 million in 2018. Cutting him would save the team even more than that toward the cap, allowing them to make upgrades elsewhere. Christian McCaffrey was much more effective in his role as a rookie in 2017. He would undoubtedly see a larger workload absent Stewart.
In 2017, Stewart played in 15 games, rushing for 680 yards and 6 touchdowns on 198 carries.
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) intends to attend Giants training camp June 18th, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) 'cleared to practice' for Giants June 12th, 2018
- Odell Beckham not expected to do team drills at Giants' mini camp June 12th, 2018
- Giants' Sterling Shepard being used as an outside receiver in practice June 1st, 2018
- Odell Beckham 'pretty close' to being cleared for Giants May 29th, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) eager to do more at Giants' OTAs May 22nd, 2018