Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason
Carolina Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart is viewed a potential cut candidate this offseason.
Entering the final year of his contract, the 30-year-old is due a total of $3.5 million in 2018. Cutting him would save the team even more than that toward the cap, allowing them to make upgrades elsewhere. Christian McCaffrey was much more effective in his role as a rookie in 2017. He would undoubtedly see a larger workload absent Stewart.
In 2017, Stewart played in 15 games, rushing for 680 yards and 6 touchdowns on 198 carries.
- Martellus Bennett announces his retirement from the NFL March 23rd, 2018
- Chargers' Corey Liuget slapped with 4-game PED suspension March 23rd, 2018
- Brock Osweiler expected to sign with the Miami Dolphins March 23rd, 2018
- Eagles' Michael Bennett indicted on felony charge March 23rd, 2018
- Allen Hurns, Jaguars reportedly agree to 2-year deal March 23rd, 2018
- Terrelle Pryor reportedly signs deal with Jets March 23rd, 2018
- Panthers reportedly adding Da'Norris Searcy to secondary with 2-year deal March 23rd, 2018
- Jarius Wright, Panthers reportedly come to terms March 19th, 2018
- Greg Olsen still 'committed' to playing for Panthers in 2018 March 16th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen could retire, join Monday Night Football crew March 16th, 2018
- Dontari Poe stays in NFC South, signs with Panthers March 15th, 2018
- Panthers re-sign Julius Peppers to one-year deal March 14th, 2018