A.J. McCarron wins grievance against Bengals, becomes free agent
A.J. McCarron has won his grievance against the Cincinnati Bengals and the quarterback is now an unrestricted free agent.
During McCarron's rookie year, the Bengals placed him on the non-football injury list for a shoulder injury they felt he suffered while away from the team. Therefore, he didn't accrue a season toward free agency and was considered a restricted free agent. McCarron argued the injury was wrongly listed as non-football and an independent arbitrator has now agreed, with the 27-year-old quarterback earning unrestricted free agency as a result. Despite attempting just 133 passes in his career, McCarron is expected to get some looks as a potential starter this offseason. The Bengals will now need to find a new backup for Andy Dalton.
On a career-high 131 drop backs in 2015, McCarron posted 0.14 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, the 12th-best mark among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs that year. He completed 66.4 percent of his 119 pass attempts for 854 yards while throwing 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Christine Michael re-signs with Colts March 21st, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch takes pay cut to stay with Raiders March 21st, 2018
- Lions sign Luke Willson to 1-year, $2.5 million contract March 21st, 2018
- Bills' Zay Jones arrested, charged with felony vandalism March 20th, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to return by May or June March 20th, 2018
- Eric Decker visiting Raiders on Tuesday March 20th, 2018
- Bengals' Vontaze Burfict facing a four-game suspension for PEDs March 16th, 2018
- Tyler Eifert staying with Bengals for at least one more season March 15th, 2018
- Chris Baker agrees to one-year deal with Bengals March 7th, 2018
- Bengals' impending free agent Tyler Eifert says he is back to full health March 6th, 2018
- Tyler Eifert (back) cleared for Bengals' OTAs February 26th, 2018
- Vikings will reportedly 'consider' A.J. McCarron in free agency February 19th, 2018