A.J. McCarron wins grievance against Bengals, becomes free agent
A.J. McCarron has won his grievance against the Cincinnati Bengals and the quarterback is now an unrestricted free agent.
During McCarron's rookie year, the Bengals placed him on the non-football injury list for a shoulder injury they felt he suffered while away from the team. Therefore, he didn't accrue a season toward free agency and was considered a restricted free agent. McCarron argued the injury was wrongly listed as non-football and an independent arbitrator has now agreed, with the 27-year-old quarterback earning unrestricted free agency as a result. Despite attempting just 133 passes in his career, McCarron is expected to get some looks as a potential starter this offseason. The Bengals will now need to find a new backup for Andy Dalton.
On a career-high 131 drop backs in 2015, McCarron posted 0.14 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, the 12th-best mark among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs that year. He completed 66.4 percent of his 119 pass attempts for 854 yards while throwing 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Buccaneers' DeSean Jackson (thumb) unable to squeeze ball December 11th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) limited on Tuesday for Chargers December 11th, 2018
- Eagles put Corey Clement (knee) on injured reserve December 11th, 2018
- Lions place Ezekiel Ansah on injured reserve with shoulder injury December 11th, 2018
- Tyreek Hill (heel) limited on Tuesday for Kansas City December 11th, 2018
- Courtland Sutton (thigh) not practicing for Broncos Tuesday December 11th, 2018
- Raiders release C.J. Anderson December 11th, 2018
- Jared Cook accounts for 116 receiving yards in Oakland's Week 14 victory over Pittsburgh December 9th, 2018
- Doug Martin (knee) will play for Oakland in Week 14 December 9th, 2018
- Doug Martin (knee) officially questionable for Raiders Week 14 December 7th, 2018
- Raiders' Seth Roberts (concussion) limited Thursday December 7th, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch (groin) will remain on Raiders' injured reserve December 6th, 2018