Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City
ESPN's Adam Teicher expects the Kansas City Chiefs to release inside linebacker Derrick Johnson this offseason.
Both Johnson and Hali are expected to get the boot at some point. The veterans have shared the field in K.C. since 2006. At 35, Johnson received some pretty high grades from Pro Football Focus, but the Chiefs are looking to make some changes, and that includes moving Reggie Ragland to the inside spot. Letting Johnson walk would save the Chiefs $8.1 million against the cap.
In 15 starts, Johnson made 48 tackles with 7 passes defensed and a forced fumble this season.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Report: Marcus Peters 'may not be long' for Kansas City February 20th, 2018
- Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent February 13th, 2018
- Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City February 9th, 2018
- Chiefs expected to release Tamba Hali February 9th, 2018
- Redskins trade Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to Chiefs for Alex Smith January 30th, 2018
- Kansas City agrees in principle to trade Alex Smith to Washington January 30th, 2018