Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City
ESPN's Adam Teicher expects the Kansas City Chiefs to release inside linebacker Derrick Johnson this offseason.
Both Johnson and Hali are expected to get the boot at some point. The veterans have shared the field in K.C. since 2006. At 35, Johnson received some pretty high grades from Pro Football Focus, but the Chiefs are looking to make some changes, and that includes moving Reggie Ragland to the inside spot. Letting Johnson walk would save the Chiefs $8.1 million against the cap.
In 15 starts, Johnson made 48 tackles with 7 passes defensed and a forced fumble this season.
- Saquon Barkley (hamstring) sits out Giants' practice again August 16th, 2018
- Bengals' A.J. Green still has 'a lot in the tank' August 16th, 2018
- Dak Prescott: Tavon Austin 'not just a gadget' player for Cowboys August 16th, 2018
- Dak Prescott says he's starting to click with Cowboys' wide receivers August 16th, 2018
- Chris Carson in 'bellcow' role for Seahawks August 16th, 2018
- Rashaad Penny (broken finger) expected back by Seahawks for Week 1 August 16th, 2018
- Griff Whalen working ahead of Ryan Switzer in Raiders' slot August 16th, 2018
- Derek Carr making strides in Raiders' new system August 15th, 2018
- Doug Martin listed as No. 2 back on Raiders' first depth chart August 6th, 2018
- Martavis Bryant failing to impress Raiders August 5th, 2018
- Jordy Nelson 'moving like he's 28' in Raiders camp August 2nd, 2018
- Amari Cooper up to 225 pounds for Raiders this offseason July 31st, 2018