Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City
ESPN's Adam Teicher expects the Kansas City Chiefs to release inside linebacker Derrick Johnson this offseason.
Both Johnson and Hali are expected to get the boot at some point. The veterans have shared the field in K.C. since 2006. At 35, Johnson received some pretty high grades from Pro Football Focus, but the Chiefs are looking to make some changes, and that includes moving Reggie Ragland to the inside spot. Letting Johnson walk would save the Chiefs $8.1 million against the cap.
In 15 starts, Johnson made 48 tackles with 7 passes defensed and a forced fumble this season.
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) suffered a UCL injury on Sunday October 15th, 2018
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) diagnosed with MCL sprain October 15th, 2018
- Steelers not expecting Le'Veon Bell to report this week October 15th, 2018
- Pierre Garcon (shoulder) active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Matt Breida (ankle) active for the 49ers on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- George Kittle (knee) officially active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Raiders looking for a 1st-round pick in exchange for Amari Cooper October 15th, 2018
- Derek Carr (arm) reportedly won't miss start for Raiders October 15th, 2018
- Jared Cook only catches 2 passes for 10 yards in Raiders' loss October 15th, 2018
- Amari Cooper suffers concussion in first half of Raiders' London game October 14th, 2018
- Raiders' Jared Cook ranked as TE5 for Week 6 October 13th, 2018
- Raiders' Amari Cooper projected for 9.16 targets against Seahawks in Week 6 October 13th, 2018