Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City
ESPN's Adam Teicher expects the Kansas City Chiefs to release inside linebacker Derrick Johnson this offseason.
Both Johnson and Hali are expected to get the boot at some point. The veterans have shared the field in K.C. since 2006. At 35, Johnson received some pretty high grades from Pro Football Focus, but the Chiefs are looking to make some changes, and that includes moving Reggie Ragland to the inside spot. Letting Johnson walk would save the Chiefs $8.1 million against the cap.
In 15 starts, Johnson made 48 tackles with 7 passes defensed and a forced fumble this season.
- Agent believes Eli Manning will be back with Giants January 23rd, 2019
- Washington optimistic about an Alex Smith (leg) comeback January 23rd, 2019
- Larry Fitzgerald inks one-year deal to return to Arizona in 2019 January 23rd, 2019
- Rex Burkhead rushes for 2 TDs, including game-winner, in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 21st, 2019
- Sammy Watkins hauls in 114 receiving for Kansas City on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Rob Gronkowski catches 6 passes for 79 yards for New England on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Raiders coach Jon Gruden unsure of Marshawn Lynch's 2019 status January 23rd, 2019
- Jared Cook quiet again for Raiders in win December 25th, 2018
- Jordy Nelson nabs 7 receptions for 75 yards in Raiders' win December 25th, 2018
- Doug Martin tops century mark, scores in Raiders' win December 25th, 2018
- Derek Carr dispensable in Raiders' victory December 25th, 2018
- Nathan Peterman signs with the Raiders, per report December 19th, 2018