Chiefs expected to release Tamba Hali
ESPN's Adam Teicher expects the Kansas City Chiefs to release outside linebacker Tamba Hali.
Dealing with a knee injury, Hali missed most of the 2017 season. At 34, he appears to be on the decline, and the Chiefs have to get snaps for guys like Dee Ford and Frank Zombo. The Chiefs would clear $7.6 million in cap space if they release the 5-time Pro Bowler.
In 5 games, Hali managed just a single tackle this season. He has 4 sacks in his last 2 seasons, after having 7 straight years of 6 or more.
- Saquon Barkley (hamstring) sits out Giants' practice again August 16th, 2018
- Bengals' A.J. Green still has 'a lot in the tank' August 16th, 2018
- Dak Prescott: Tavon Austin 'not just a gadget' player for Cowboys August 16th, 2018
- Dak Prescott says he's starting to click with Cowboys' wide receivers August 16th, 2018
- Griff Whalen working ahead of Ryan Switzer in Raiders' slot August 16th, 2018
- Chris Carson in 'bellcow' role for Seahawks August 16th, 2018
- Sammy Watkins seeing fewer targets than Tyreek Hill at Chiefs camp August 13th, 2018
- Chiefs moving Sammy Watkins around formation in minicamp June 28th, 2018
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt (hamstring) will be ready for training camp June 14th, 2018
- Sammy Watkins and Patrick Mahomes connecting in Chiefs' offseason June 14th, 2018
- Damien Williams reportedly joining Chiefs' backfield March 22nd, 2018
- Sammy Watkins reportedly joins Chiefs for 3 years, $48 million March 13th, 2018