Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations
The Texas Rangers have traded Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson to the New York Yankees for future considerations.
Wilson has long said that he wanted to play for the Yankees, and apparently it will become somewhat of a reality. Wilson will join the Double-A Trenton roster and he is expected to appear sometime in February or March with the Yankees' Grapefruit League camp. Even though Wilson reportedly has no plans to leave football and start playing baseball full time, he at least has that option when he is done playing football.
Wilson ranked 12th overall in Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) in 2017, and he averaged 22.4 FanDuel points per game.
- Dalvin Cook (hamstring) ruled out again for Vikings Week 7 October 19th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) officially ruled out again for Jaguars October 19th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton (hamstring) expected to return for Colts Sunday October 19th, 2018
- Jaguars' tight end James O'Shaughnessy (hip) inactive Week 7 October 19th, 2018
- Cardinals' Josh Rosen (toe) in walking boot, undergoing MRI October 19th, 2018
- Terrelle Pryor (groin) doubtful for Jets versus Vikings October 19th, 2018
- Ed Dickson (quad) could return Week 8 for Settle October 16th, 2018
- Russell Wilson throws 3 touchdowns as Seahawks eviscerate Raiders October 15th, 2018
- Rashaad Penny still Seahawks' odd man out, 'opportunities to come' October 11th, 2018
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson projected to be top 10 fantasy QB in Week 6 October 10th, 2018
- Seahawks' run-heavy offense limiting Doug Baldwin's targets October 9th, 2018
- Seattle's Chris Carson ranked among top-15 running backs for Week 6 October 9th, 2018