Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations
The Texas Rangers have traded Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson to the New York Yankees for future considerations.
Wilson has long said that he wanted to play for the Yankees, and apparently it will become somewhat of a reality. Wilson will join the Double-A Trenton roster and he is expected to appear sometime in February or March with the Yankees' Grapefruit League camp. Even though Wilson reportedly has no plans to leave football and start playing baseball full time, he at least has that option when he is done playing football.
Wilson ranked 12th overall in Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) in 2017, and he averaged 22.4 FanDuel points per game.
- Rex Burkhead rushes for 2 TDs, including game-winner, in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 21st, 2019
- Sammy Watkins hauls in 114 receiving for Kansas City on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Rob Gronkowski catches 6 passes for 79 yards for New England on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Patrick Mahomes throws for 295 yards, 3 touchdowns in Chiefs' AFC title game defeat January 21st, 2019
- Chiefs' Damien Williams scores three touchdowns in AFC title game loss January 21st, 2019
- Tom Brady headed to ninth Super Bowl after passing for 348 yards in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 20th, 2019
- Russell Wilson throws for 233 yards on Saturday for Seattle January 6th, 2019
- Seahawks' Shaquill Griffin (ankle) good to go versus Cowboys January 4th, 2019
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny (knee) will play in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny (knee) fully practices on Wednesday December 26th, 2018
- Seahawks extend Pete Carroll through 2021 December 24th, 2018
- Rashaad Penny (knee) returning for Seahawks Week 17 December 24th, 2018