Josh McDaniels won't accept Colts' head coaching job, will remain with Patriots
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels will not accept the Indianapolis Colts' head coaching position.
The Colts fired Chuck Pagano on the final day of 2017. However, they were expecting McDaniels to come aboard for his first head coaching job since 2010, when he last led the Denver Broncos. Schefter is reporting that owner Robert Kraft "sweetened" McDaniels' deal enough to make him stay. With him backing out in Indy, the Colts' front office will have to reboot their search and quick.
In McDaniels' last 6 years in New England, the Patriots' offense has ranked top-4 in points each season and has twice led the league in total yardage.
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) suffered a UCL injury on Sunday October 15th, 2018
- Raiders looking for a 1st-round pick in exchange for Amari Cooper October 15th, 2018
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) diagnosed with MCL sprain October 15th, 2018
- Steelers not expecting Le'Veon Bell to report this week October 15th, 2018
- Pierre Garcon (shoulder) active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Matt Breida (ankle) active for the 49ers on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Colts' Eric Ebron reaches the end zone again in Week 6 October 14th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck throws 4 touchdown passes in Week 6 October 14th, 2018
- Ryan Grant injures ankle, will not return for Colts Week 6 October 14th, 2018
- Colts' Eric Ebron active in Week 6 against the Jets October 14th, 2018
- Colts' Nyheim Hines projected for 9.67 FanDuel points in Week 6 October 13th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton (chest, hamstring) out for Colts versus Jets October 12th, 2018