Donte Moncrief could be open to one-year deal with Colts
Free agent wide receiver Donte Moncrief may be open to a one-year deal to return to the Indianapolis Colts, suggests Mike Wells of ESPN.
Wells writes that Moncrief's "up-and-down play had many inside the organization frustrated," but that he "wouldn't be surprised" if the wideout is brought back on a short-term deal because T.Y. Hilton and Chester Rogers are the only notable receivers under contract for the Colts in 2018. Moncrief is still just 24 and is still one of the more physically-gifted players at his position, so coming back for a year with a healthy Andrew Luck (shoulder) under center could be the best fit for both sides.
Moncrief averaged 5.3 FanDuel points in 12 games (eight starts) for the Colts this season, with 26 receptions (47 targets) for 391 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp May 17th, 2018
- Bucs' OC: Chris Godwin has earned right to start May 17th, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson has felony charges dropped May 17th, 2018
- Nagy: Bears' Allen Robinson (knee) 'ahead of the game' in rehab May 17th, 2018
- Cardinals' David Johnson says goal remains 1,000/1,000 season May 17th, 2018
- J.J. Watt (knee) expected to be at 'full strength' for Texans in 2018 May 14th, 2018
- Jacksonville Jaguars add WR D.J. Chark with the 61st overall pick April 27th, 2018
- Jaguars acquire Cody Kessler from Browns to back up Blake Bortles March 28th, 2018
- Corey Grant reportedly re-signs with Jaguars for a year March 22nd, 2018
- Jaguars cutting costs, releasing Marcedes Lewis March 20th, 2018
- Jaguars cut Allen Hurns, saving $7 million in cap room March 20th, 2018
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins signs 2-year deal with Jaguars March 15th, 2018