Tavon Austin expected to be released by Rams
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin is expected to be released, according to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN Los Angeles.
As Gonzalez plainly states, "Austin no longer has a role on this team" and his release would save the Rams $3 million in 2018. He turns 28 next month.
Austin averaged 2.7 FanDuel points in 16 games (nine starts) for the Rams last season, with 13 catches (22 targets) for 47 scoreless receiving yards. He added 59 rushes for 270 yards and 1 touchdown on the ground.
- Blake Bortles reportedly agrees to 3-year, $54 million deal with Jaguars February 24th, 2018
- Torrey Smith 'expecting to be back' with Eagles in 2018 February 24th, 2018
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano February 22nd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Tavon Austin expected to be released by Rams February 6th, 2018
- Rams' Aaron Donald named Defensive Player of the Year February 3rd, 2018
- Rams' Todd Gurley named Offensive Player of the Year February 3rd, 2018
- Rams' GM: 'A goal of ours' to keep Sammy Watkins January 26th, 2018