Tavon Austin expected to be released by Rams
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin is expected to be released, according to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN Los Angeles.
As Gonzalez plainly states, "Austin no longer has a role on this team" and his release would save the Rams $3 million in 2018. He turns 28 next month.
Austin averaged 2.7 FanDuel points in 16 games (nine starts) for the Rams last season, with 13 catches (22 targets) for 47 scoreless receiving yards. He added 59 rushes for 270 yards and 1 touchdown on the ground.
- Rob Gronkowski catches 6 passes for 79 yards for New England on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Patrick Mahomes throws for 295 yards, 3 touchdowns in Chiefs' AFC title game defeat January 21st, 2019
- Chiefs' Damien Williams scores three touchdowns in AFC title game loss January 21st, 2019
- Tom Brady headed to ninth Super Bowl after passing for 348 yards in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 20th, 2019
- New England's Julian Edelman accumulates 96 receiving yards in Sunday's AFC Championship win over the Chiefs January 20th, 2019
- Drew Brees throws two touchdowns in Saints' overtime loss to the Rams January 20th, 2019
- Amari Cooper scores in Cowboys' Divisional Round loss January 13th, 2019
- Ezekiel Elliott bottled up for Dallas in Divisional Round January 13th, 2019
- Dak Prescott has huge Divisional Round game in Cowboys' loss January 13th, 2019
- Blake Jarwin (ankle) will play in Cowboys' playoff matchup against the Rams January 12th, 2019
- Cowboys' Cole Beasley (ankle) officially active on Saturday January 12th, 2019
- Cowboys' Blake Jarwin (ankle) expected to play against the Rams on Saturday January 12th, 2019