Tavon Austin expected to be released by Rams
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin is expected to be released, according to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN Los Angeles.
As Gonzalez plainly states, "Austin no longer has a role on this team" and his release would save the Rams $3 million in 2018. He turns 28 next month.
Austin averaged 2.7 FanDuel points in 16 games (nine starts) for the Rams last season, with 13 catches (22 targets) for 47 scoreless receiving yards. He added 59 rushes for 270 yards and 1 touchdown on the ground.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) eager to do more at Giants' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Tavon Austin in store for big workload with Dallas May 10th, 2018
- Cowboys' Randy Gregory to apply for reinstatement this month May 10th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten retiring, joining ESPN's MNF May 3rd, 2018
- Ryan Switzer traded from Cowboys to Raiders April 28th, 2018
- Cowboys acquire receiver Tavon Austin from Rams April 28th, 2018
- Cowboys address receiving issues by drafting WR Michael Gallup with 81st pick April 27th, 2018