Tavon Austin expected to be released by Rams
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin is expected to be released, according to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN Los Angeles.
As Gonzalez plainly states, "Austin no longer has a role on this team" and his release would save the Rams $3 million in 2018. He turns 28 next month.
Austin averaged 2.7 FanDuel points in 16 games (nine starts) for the Rams last season, with 13 catches (22 targets) for 47 scoreless receiving yards. He added 59 rushes for 270 yards and 1 touchdown on the ground.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Dak Prescott: Tavon Austin 'not just a gadget' player for Cowboys August 16th, 2018
- Dak Prescott says he's starting to click with Cowboys' wide receivers August 16th, 2018
- Ezekiel Elliott to see more work in Cowboys' passing game August 13th, 2018
- Cowboys’ offense ‘a work in progress” August 6th, 2018
- No Cowboys' tight end has distanced themselves yet August 5th, 2018
- Cowboys' Allen Hurns (groin) limited at training camp August 5th, 2018