Tavon Austin expected to be released by Rams
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin is expected to be released, according to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN Los Angeles.
As Gonzalez plainly states, "Austin no longer has a role on this team" and his release would save the Rams $3 million in 2018. He turns 28 next month.
Austin averaged 2.7 FanDuel points in 16 games (nine starts) for the Rams last season, with 13 catches (22 targets) for 47 scoreless receiving yards. He added 59 rushes for 270 yards and 1 touchdown on the ground.
- Sam Bradford inactive for Cardinals on Thursday night October 18th, 2018
- Jamison Crowder (ankle) reportedly 'out a few weeks' for Washington October 18th, 2018
- Bears' Allen Robinson (groin) did not practice on Thursday October 18th, 2018
- T.J. Yeldon (foot, ankle) practices for Jaguars Thursday October 18th, 2018
- DeAndre Hopkins (foot) sits out Texans practice Thursday October 18th, 2018
- T.Y. Hilton (chest, hamstring) downgraded at Colts practice Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Sean Lee (hamstring) practices in full for Cowboys Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Terrance Williams (foot, injured reserve) suspended 3 games for substance-abuse October 18th, 2018
- Ezekiel Elliott grinds out 106 yards in Cowboys' Week 6 win October 14th, 2018
- Dak Prescott leads the Cowboys to Week 6 blowout of Jaguars October 14th, 2018
- Cowboys' Sean Lee (hamstring) ruled out for Week 6 October 12th, 2018
- Cowboys' receiver: Dak Prescott not completely at fault for his struggles October 10th, 2018