Rams' Aaron Donald named Defensive Player of the Year
Los Angeles Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald has been named the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press.
Even after missing a week because of his contract holdout, Donald had an outstanding year. For his efforts, it wouldn't be surprising to see him get a big extension in the offseason. In winning defensive honors, Donald's 23 votes beat out Calais Campbell (17 votes) and Chandler Jones (5 votes).
Over 14 starts, Donald tallied 32 tackles, 11 sacks and 5 forced fumbles. He graded out as Pro Football Focus' number-one defensive lineman in 2017.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rodrigue: Rams 'unlikely to bring back' Malcolm Brown January 27th, 2021
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) ruled out for Saturday's playoff matchup against Packers January 16th, 2021
- Jared Goff (thumb) not listed on Rams' Divisional playoff injury report January 14th, 2021
- Rams' John Wolford (neck) ruled out for Saturday's playoff matchup against Green Bay January 14th, 2021