Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith
The Cleveland Browns are expected to have interest in trading for Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith during the offseason.
In Kansas City, it looks like rookie Patrick Mahomes will take over in 2018. Cleveland's still in search of a steady starter and could go for a veteran like Smith while targeting other positions in the first round of this year's draft. Cleveland's general manager, John Dorsey, was the Chiefs' GM when the team made the move to acquire Smith. Smith carries a cap hit of $20.9 million in 2018, but the Browns have the space to take on that kind of money.
In 15 games, Smith threw for 4,042 yards, 26 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He rushed for 355 yards and a touchdown while leading the Chiefs to a 9-6 record in his starts.
- Rob Gronkowski announces he will return to Patriots for 2018 season April 24th, 2018
- Tom Brady's agent says the Pats' quarterback will be back in 2018 April 23rd, 2018
- Willie Snead signs with Ravens after Saints decline to match offer sheet April 23rd, 2018
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Damien Williams reportedly joining Chiefs' backfield March 22nd, 2018
- Sammy Watkins reportedly joins Chiefs for 3 years, $48 million March 13th, 2018
- Rams getting Marcus Peters from Chiefs for 2018 4th, 2019 2nd February 26th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Report: Marcus Peters 'may not be long' for Kansas City February 20th, 2018
- Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent February 13th, 2018