Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith
The Cleveland Browns are expected to have interest in trading for Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith during the offseason.
In Kansas City, it looks like rookie Patrick Mahomes will take over in 2018. Cleveland's still in search of a steady starter and could go for a veteran like Smith while targeting other positions in the first round of this year's draft. Cleveland's general manager, John Dorsey, was the Chiefs' GM when the team made the move to acquire Smith. Smith carries a cap hit of $20.9 million in 2018, but the Browns have the space to take on that kind of money.
In 15 games, Smith threw for 4,042 yards, 26 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He rushed for 355 yards and a touchdown while leading the Chiefs to a 9-6 record in his starts.
- Tom Brady headed to ninth Super Bowl after passing for 348 yards in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 20th, 2019
- New England's Julian Edelman accumulates 96 receiving yards in Sunday's AFC Championship win over the Chiefs January 20th, 2019
- Drew Brees throws two touchdowns in Saints' overtime loss to the Rams January 20th, 2019
- New Orleans' Alvin Kamara explodes for 11 receptions and 111 total yards in Sunday's loss to the Rams January 20th, 2019
- Josh Reynolds accounts for 90 scrimmage yards in Rams' NFC Championship clinching victory over New Orleans January 20th, 2019
- Brandin Cooks hauls in seven receptions in Rams' overtime win over the Saints January 20th, 2019
- Jay Gruden: Jamison Crowder should be offseason priority for Washington January 15th, 2019
- Washington's Jay Gruden will return as head coach in 2019 January 4th, 2019
- Josh Doctson (illness) questionable for Washington in Week 17 December 28th, 2018
- Vernon Davis (concussion) doubtful for Redskins in Week 17 December 28th, 2018
- Jordan Reed (toe) placed on Washington's injured reserve December 27th, 2018
- D.J. Swearinger waived by Washington on Monday December 24th, 2018