Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith
The Cleveland Browns are expected to have interest in trading for Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith during the offseason.
In Kansas City, it looks like rookie Patrick Mahomes will take over in 2018. Cleveland's still in search of a steady starter and could go for a veteran like Smith while targeting other positions in the first round of this year's draft. Cleveland's general manager, John Dorsey, was the Chiefs' GM when the team made the move to acquire Smith. Smith carries a cap hit of $20.9 million in 2018, but the Browns have the space to take on that kind of money.
In 15 games, Smith threw for 4,042 yards, 26 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He rushed for 355 yards and a touchdown while leading the Chiefs to a 9-6 record in his starts.
- Titans hire ex-Mike Vrabel as head coach January 20th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell was late to Steelers' walkthrough prior to Divisional Round loss January 20th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) reportedly threw the ball 'incredibly well' on Friday January 20th, 2018
- Patriots' Mike Gillislee (knee) questionable for Sunday January 19th, 2018
- Patriots' Rex Burkhead (knee) questionable for Sunday's AFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Tom Brady (hand) considered questionable for Patriots January 19th, 2018
- Chiefs' Darrelle Revis wants to return next season January 15th, 2018
- Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith January 12th, 2018
- Bears hire ex-Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy as head coach January 8th, 2018
- Alex Smith throws for 33 yards in second half, Chiefs lose after leading 21-3 January 6th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce (concussion) will not return to Saturday's game January 6th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly open to trading Alex Smith this offseason January 6th, 2018