Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith
The Cleveland Browns are expected to have interest in trading for Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith during the offseason.
In Kansas City, it looks like rookie Patrick Mahomes will take over in 2018. Cleveland's still in search of a steady starter and could go for a veteran like Smith while targeting other positions in the first round of this year's draft. Cleveland's general manager, John Dorsey, was the Chiefs' GM when the team made the move to acquire Smith. Smith carries a cap hit of $20.9 million in 2018, but the Browns have the space to take on that kind of money.
In 15 games, Smith threw for 4,042 yards, 26 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He rushed for 355 yards and a touchdown while leading the Chiefs to a 9-6 record in his starts.
- Raiders looking for a 1st-round pick in exchange for Amari Cooper October 15th, 2018
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) diagnosed with MCL sprain October 15th, 2018
- Steelers not expecting Le'Veon Bell to report this week October 15th, 2018
- Pierre Garcon (shoulder) active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Matt Breida (ankle) active for the 49ers on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- George Kittle (knee) officially active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Chris Thompson considered day-to-day for Washington October 15th, 2018
- Jamison Crowder (ankle) will not practice for Washington before Friday October 15th, 2018
- Jordan Reed has 5 receptions, Washington beats Panthers October 15th, 2018
- Alex Smith contributes to Washington win with 163 yards, 2 touchdowns October 15th, 2018
- Paul Richardson (knee/shoulder) active for Washington in Week 6 October 14th, 2018
- Chris Thompson (rib, knee) inactive for Washington in Week 6 October 14th, 2018