Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith
The Cleveland Browns are expected to have interest in trading for Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith during the offseason.
In Kansas City, it looks like rookie Patrick Mahomes will take over in 2018. Cleveland's still in search of a steady starter and could go for a veteran like Smith while targeting other positions in the first round of this year's draft. Cleveland's general manager, John Dorsey, was the Chiefs' GM when the team made the move to acquire Smith. Smith carries a cap hit of $20.9 million in 2018, but the Browns have the space to take on that kind of money.
In 15 games, Smith threw for 4,042 yards, 26 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He rushed for 355 yards and a touchdown while leading the Chiefs to a 9-6 record in his starts.
- Jets' ArDarius Stewart reportedly suspended 2 games for PEDs July 20th, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) expects to be 'full-go' at Texans training camp July 20th, 2018
- Robby Anderson expected to evolve for Jets this season July 19th, 2018
- Allen Robinson (knee) to enter Bears' training camp without restrictions July 19th, 2018
- Julio Jones reportedly won't receive new deal from Falcons July 19th, 2018
- Packers' Randall Cobb out of walking boot, feels 'great' July 19th, 2018
- Adonis Alexander goes to Redskins in sixth round of Supplemental draft July 11th, 2018
- Derrius Guice expected to be Washington's lead back June 26th, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Redskins expect Chris Thompson (leg) to be fully healthy by training camp June 6th, 2018
- Jamison Crowder and Alex Smith establishing a rapport during Redskins' OTAs June 6th, 2018
- Jordan Reed participates in agility work Wednesday, 'looks fine' at Washington's OTAs May 30th, 2018