Texans expecting Tom Savage (concussion) to be out for season
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage (concussion) is likely out for the season, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports.
Savage suffered a scary concussion in last week's loss. With only three games left and Houston no longer in the playoff hunt, there's no reason for Savage come back and risk further injury. T.J. Yates will finish out the year under center for the 4-9 Texans.
Albeit in a small sample size, Yates has 27 drop backs in 2017 for 0.09 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back. Prior to his injury, Savage dropped back 244 times for -0.12 Passing NEP per drop back – the third-worst rate among 40 quarterbacks to drop back at least 100 times.
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021
- Saints list Latavius Murray (quad) as questionable for Sunday's Divisional playoff contest against Buccaneers January 15th, 2021
- Mike Evans (knee) hoping to be closer to 100 percent for Buccaneers in Divisional Round January 15th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's Divisional playoff injury report January 15th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's Divisional playoff matchup against Browns January 15th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Detroit's Matthew Stafford (thumb/rib/ankle) questionable for Week 17's contest against Vikings January 1st, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) remains out for Lions December 30th, 2020
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle) doesn't practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Chase Daniel in at quarterback for Lions; Matthew Stafford (foot) in locker room December 26th, 2020