Bryce Petty will start Week 15 for Jets if Josh McCown (broken hand) is ruled out
New York Jets quarterback Bryce Petty will start Week 15 against the New Orleans Saints if Josh McCown (broken hand) cannot play, said head coach Todd Bowles.
Petty has been second on the depth chart all season and was called upon when McCown left in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, but don't be surprised if Christian Hackenberg also winds up seeing some snaps over the final three weeks of the season. At 5-8, it makes sense for the Jets to see if their young quarterbacks have made any improvement.
Petty completed 2-of-9 passes for 14 yards in relief on Sunday.
- Seattle's Doug Baldwin (hip) considered day-to-day December 12th, 2018
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette ranked as Week 15's RB8 December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce projected for 10.5 targets in Week 15's matchup against the Chargers December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (foot) officially out for Week 15 December 12th, 2018
- Eric Berry (heel) expected to make season debut for Chiefs Thursday night December 12th, 2018
- Atlanta's Austin Hooper (leg) unable to practice on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill (ankle) expected to play on Sunday December 12th, 2018
- Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill (ankle) 'sore' but 'walking around' December 10th, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill has big day in Dolphins' wild win on Sunday December 10th, 2018
- Miami's Kenny Stills explodes for 135 yards in Week 14's victory over New England December 9th, 2018
- Xavien Howard (knee) officially out for Dolphins versus Patriots December 7th, 2018
- Dolphins' Xavien Howard (knee) may miss multiple games December 6th, 2018