Bryce Petty will start Week 15 for Jets if Josh McCown (broken hand) is ruled out
New York Jets quarterback Bryce Petty will start Week 15 against the New Orleans Saints if Josh McCown (broken hand) cannot play, said head coach Todd Bowles.
Petty has been second on the depth chart all season and was called upon when McCown left in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, but don't be surprised if Christian Hackenberg also winds up seeing some snaps over the final three weeks of the season. At 5-8, it makes sense for the Jets to see if their young quarterbacks have made any improvement.
Petty completed 2-of-9 passes for 14 yards in relief on Sunday.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Dolphins unsure of Mike Gesicki's role to start the season June 9th, 2018
- Dolphins taking it easy with DeVante Parker heading into the 2018 season June 1st, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Gase: Dolphins' DeVante Parker doing 'a great job' so far this offseason May 10th, 2018
- Dolphins acquire Akeem Spence in trade with Lions May 3rd, 2018
- Miami Dolphins select TE Mike Gesicki with the 42nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft April 27th, 2018