Bryce Petty will start Week 15 for Jets if Josh McCown (broken hand) is ruled out
New York Jets quarterback Bryce Petty will start Week 15 against the New Orleans Saints if Josh McCown (broken hand) cannot play, said head coach Todd Bowles.
Petty has been second on the depth chart all season and was called upon when McCown left in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, but don't be surprised if Christian Hackenberg also winds up seeing some snaps over the final three weeks of the season. At 5-8, it makes sense for the Jets to see if their young quarterbacks have made any improvement.
Petty completed 2-of-9 passes for 14 yards in relief on Sunday.
- Austin Davis signed by Titans September 25th, 2018
- Dalvin Cook (hamstring) might play on Thursday for Minnesota September 25th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen (foot) 'way ahead of the curve' in rehab September 25th, 2018
- Jon Gruden: Derek Carr 'too aggressive' in Raiders' latest loss September 25th, 2018
- Buccaneers noncommittal on Week 4 quarterback September 25th, 2018
- Cowboys' Scott Linehan will continue calling offensive plays September 25th, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill's big game helps Dolphins topple the Raiders September 23rd, 2018
- DeVante Parker (finger) active on Sunday for Miami September 23rd, 2018
- Dolphins mum on DeVante Parker's (finger) Week 3 status September 20th, 2018
- DeVante Parker (finger) practicing in full for Dolphins September 20th, 2018
- Miami's Kenyan Drake (abdomen) a full participant in Wednesday's practice September 19th, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill believes Dolphins have the 'hunger and desire to win' September 19th, 2018