Bryce Petty will start Week 15 for Jets if Josh McCown (broken hand) is ruled out
New York Jets quarterback Bryce Petty will start Week 15 against the New Orleans Saints if Josh McCown (broken hand) cannot play, said head coach Todd Bowles.
Petty has been second on the depth chart all season and was called upon when McCown left in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, but don't be surprised if Christian Hackenberg also winds up seeing some snaps over the final three weeks of the season. At 5-8, it makes sense for the Jets to see if their young quarterbacks have made any improvement.
Petty completed 2-of-9 passes for 14 yards in relief on Sunday.
- Martavis Bryant wants to remain with Steelers in 2018 January 15th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Robinson (ACL) expects to be healthy by start of free agency January 15th, 2018
- Chiefs' Darrelle Revis wants to return next season January 15th, 2018
- Titans' DeMarco Murray says he remains among league's best January 15th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell 'definitely' wants to stick with Steelers January 15th, 2018
- Drew Brees expects to re-sign with Saints January 15th, 2018
- Matt Forte's 'days are numbered' with the Jets January 11th, 2018
- Bryce Petty throws for 232 yards as Jets fall to Patriots in Week 17 December 31st, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ribs. foot) is inactive for Jets in Week 17 December 31st, 2017
- Jets place Matt Forte (knee) on injured reserve December 30th, 2017
- Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ribs, foot) is doubtful for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Bryce Petty struggles again as Jets fall to Chargers December 24th, 2017