Steelers' Ryan Shazier (spine) to remain in Cincinnati for further testing
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier is expected to remain hospitalized in Cincinnati, according to a joint statement from Doctor David Onkonkwo and Doctor Joseph Cheng.
Some reports had Shazier returning to Pittsburgh as early as late Tuesday, but it looks like there's been a change of plans. Shazier will undergo more tests over the next 24-to-48 hours and will receiver further evaluation when he returns to Pittsburgh. It's likely that he still returns by the end of the week. And, if his injury is limited to a spinal contusion, he could return within a couple weeks. Until then, L.J. Fort and Tyler Matakevich will see more time with the Pittsburgh defense.
Over 12 starts, Shazier has managed 75 tackles, 11 passes defensed, 3 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles. He's projected for 32.5 tackles, 2.6 passes defensed and 0.9 interceptions over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Marcus Mariota (elbow) practicing again for Titans Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Kelvin Benjamin (hip) practicing in full for Bills Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Julio Jones (calf) misses Falcons' practice again Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Marlon Mack (hamstring) absent from Colts' Thursday practice September 20th, 2018
- Case Keenum (knee) returns to Broncos practice Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Ravens' C.J. Mosley (knee) returns to practice Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown expresses gratitude for Steelers, says trade tweet 'stupid' September 20th, 2018
- Joe Haden (hamstring) expected back for Steelers versus Buccaneers September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown disciplined for missing Steelers meeting September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown returns to the Steelers facility Wednesday September 19th, 2018
- Antonio Brown's absence from Steelers Monday due to 'personal matter' September 18th, 2018
- Steelers' Antonio Brown reportedly misses Monday's meetings and film review September 18th, 2018