Steelers' Ryan Shazier (spine) to remain in Cincinnati for further testing
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier is expected to remain hospitalized in Cincinnati, according to a joint statement from Doctor David Onkonkwo and Doctor Joseph Cheng.
Some reports had Shazier returning to Pittsburgh as early as late Tuesday, but it looks like there's been a change of plans. Shazier will undergo more tests over the next 24-to-48 hours and will receiver further evaluation when he returns to Pittsburgh. It's likely that he still returns by the end of the week. And, if his injury is limited to a spinal contusion, he could return within a couple weeks. Until then, L.J. Fort and Tyler Matakevich will see more time with the Pittsburgh defense.
Over 12 starts, Shazier has managed 75 tackles, 11 passes defensed, 3 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles. He's projected for 32.5 tackles, 2.6 passes defensed and 0.9 interceptions over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Broncos' third-rounder Royce Freeman 'absolutely' can earn lead role June 25th, 2018
- Randall Cobb reportedly dealing with ankle injury, could miss start of Packers' training camp June 25th, 2018
- Patriots' Julian Edelman's appeal scheduled for Monday June 25th, 2018
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell will not report to OTAs on Tuesday May 21st, 2018
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger expects to play 3-to-5 more years May 1st, 2018
- Steelers move up in third round to draft QB Mason Rudolph April 27th, 2018
- Pittsburgh Steelers draft WR James Washington with 60th overall pick April 27th, 2018
- Steelers trade Martavis Bryant to the Raiders for a third-round pick April 26th, 2018
- Report: Steelers 'quietly listening to offers' for Martavis Bryant April 26th, 2018