Steelers' Ryan Shazier (spine) to remain in Cincinnati for further testing
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier is expected to remain hospitalized in Cincinnati, according to a joint statement from Doctor David Onkonkwo and Doctor Joseph Cheng.
Some reports had Shazier returning to Pittsburgh as early as late Tuesday, but it looks like there's been a change of plans. Shazier will undergo more tests over the next 24-to-48 hours and will receiver further evaluation when he returns to Pittsburgh. It's likely that he still returns by the end of the week. And, if his injury is limited to a spinal contusion, he could return within a couple weeks. Until then, L.J. Fort and Tyler Matakevich will see more time with the Pittsburgh defense.
Over 12 starts, Shazier has managed 75 tackles, 11 passes defensed, 3 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles. He's projected for 32.5 tackles, 2.6 passes defensed and 0.9 interceptions over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski to decide in 'next couple weeks' February 19th, 2019
- Charles Clay joins Cardinals with 1-year deal February 19th, 2019
- Cowboys reportedly letting Terrance Williams walk February 18th, 2019
- Bills release tight end Charles Clay on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Antonio Brown meets with Steelers owner, agree 'time to move on' February 19th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will reportedly meet with Steelers owner February 15th, 2019
- Antonio Brown: 'Time to move on' from Steelers February 12th, 2019
- Steelers not allowing Antonio Brown to seek trade January 28th, 2019
- Steelers' Ryan Shazier (back) resumed jogging January 24th, 2019
- Antonio Brown, Steelers have 'some work to do' January 24th, 2019