Steelers' Ryan Shazier (spine) to remain in Cincinnati for further testing
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier is expected to remain hospitalized in Cincinnati, according to a joint statement from Doctor David Onkonkwo and Doctor Joseph Cheng.
Some reports had Shazier returning to Pittsburgh as early as late Tuesday, but it looks like there's been a change of plans. Shazier will undergo more tests over the next 24-to-48 hours and will receiver further evaluation when he returns to Pittsburgh. It's likely that he still returns by the end of the week. And, if his injury is limited to a spinal contusion, he could return within a couple weeks. Until then, L.J. Fort and Tyler Matakevich will see more time with the Pittsburgh defense.
Over 12 starts, Shazier has managed 75 tackles, 11 passes defensed, 3 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles. He's projected for 32.5 tackles, 2.6 passes defensed and 0.9 interceptions over the remainder of the 2017 season.
- Tampa Bay's Mike Evans rebounds with six reception performance against New York in Week 11 November 18th, 2018
- Panthers' D.J. Moore flashes in Week 11 with 157 receiving yard performance November 18th, 2018
- Saquon Barkley scores three touchdowns in New York's Week 11 win over Buccaneers November 18th, 2018
- Baltimore's Joe Flacco (hip) not expected back in Week 12 November 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott accounts for 201 scrimmage yards in Week 11's victory over Atlanta November 18th, 2018
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton explodes for 155 receiving yards in Week 11 November 18th, 2018
- Steelers could use transition tag on Le'Veon Bell for 2019 season November 18th, 2018
- Steelers' Antonio Brown ranked as Week 11's WR5 November 17th, 2018
- James Conner (concussion) practices fully for Steelers Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Pittsburgh on Tuesday, ineligible to play this season November 13th, 2018
- Steelers' Jaylen Samuels 'arrow pointing up' November 13th, 2018
- James Conner (concussion) expected to practice for Steelers Wednesday November 13th, 2018