Jets not committing to Christian Hackenberg playing this season
New York Jets quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates did not commit to quarterback Christian Hackenberg playing when asked if he would take the field in 2017.
With coach Todd Bowles keeping Josh McCown under center for the foreseeable future, it's become clear that neither Hackenberg or Bryce Petty could start a game. Bates said, "As an organization, this is professional football. This isn't Triple-A. We're going to play the best players that give us the opportunity to win at all positions." McCown's going to continue to hold down the fort until the Jets draft the quarterback of the future, something Hackenberg doesn't appear to be.
Hackenberg has yet to throw a pass in a regular season game. As for McCown, he's projected to tally 1,546 yards and 9.47 touchdowns over the rest of the year.
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley struggling during Packers' minicamp June 21st, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday June 12th, 2018
- Khalil Mack will likely skip Raiders' minicamp this weekend June 11th, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Raiders cut quarterback Josh Johnson May 10th, 2018