Jets not committing to Christian Hackenberg playing this season
New York Jets quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates did not commit to quarterback Christian Hackenberg playing when asked if he would take the field in 2017.
With coach Todd Bowles keeping Josh McCown under center for the foreseeable future, it's become clear that neither Hackenberg or Bryce Petty could start a game. Bates said, "As an organization, this is professional football. This isn't Triple-A. We're going to play the best players that give us the opportunity to win at all positions." McCown's going to continue to hold down the fort until the Jets draft the quarterback of the future, something Hackenberg doesn't appear to be.
Hackenberg has yet to throw a pass in a regular season game. As for McCown, he's projected to tally 1,546 yards and 9.47 touchdowns over the rest of the year.
- Russell Wilson totals 3 touchdowns in Seahawks' loss November 20th, 2017
- Matt Ryan passes for 2 TDs in Falcons' win over Seahawks November 20th, 2017
- Seahawks' Mike Davis (groin) out for remainder of Monday Night Football November 20th, 2017
- Rams' Robert Woods (shoulder) expected to be out a couple of weeks November 20th, 2017
- Seahawks' Thomas Rawls a healthy scratch against Atlanta November 20th, 2017
- Redskins' Jordan Reed (hamstring) not practicing Monday November 20th, 2017
- Jets not committing to Christian Hackenberg playing this season November 14th, 2017
- Jets sticking with Josh McCown at quarterback November 14th, 2017
- Jets' Bilal Powell has disappointing Week 10 in loss to Bucs November 13th, 2017
- Austin Sefrian-Jenkins goes for 67 yards in Jets' Week 10 defeat November 13th, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown underwhelms in Week 10 loss November 12th, 2017
- Robby Anderson goes for 85 yards and a score in Jets' Week 10 defeat November 12th, 2017