Jets not committing to Christian Hackenberg playing this season
New York Jets quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates did not commit to quarterback Christian Hackenberg playing when asked if he would take the field in 2017.
With coach Todd Bowles keeping Josh McCown under center for the foreseeable future, it's become clear that neither Hackenberg or Bryce Petty could start a game. Bates said, "As an organization, this is professional football. This isn't Triple-A. We're going to play the best players that give us the opportunity to win at all positions." McCown's going to continue to hold down the fort until the Jets draft the quarterback of the future, something Hackenberg doesn't appear to be.
Hackenberg has yet to throw a pass in a regular season game. As for McCown, he's projected to tally 1,546 yards and 9.47 touchdowns over the rest of the year.
- Kerryon Johnson snaps Lions' drought of 100-yard rushers September 23rd, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski disappoints in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Pats' Tom Brady stifled by Lions in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Matthew Stafford leads Lions to upset of Pats in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Rams' Robert Woods hauls in 2 touchdowns in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Saquon Barkley totals 117 yards in Giants' Week 3 win September 23rd, 2018
- Corey Clement (quad) expected to play in Week 3 for Philadelphia September 23rd, 2018
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood primed for larger role in Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Corey Clement (quad) added to Eagles' injury report for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Jay Ajayi (back) sidelined for Eagles' Week 3 matchup against Colts September 21st, 2018
- Jay Ajayi (back) misses third consecutive Eagles' practice Friday September 21st, 2018
- Jay Ajayi (back) remains day-to-day for Eagles September 21st, 2018