Panthers' Curtis Samuel's ankle injury could be season-ending
Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera said that wide receiver Curtis Samuel may miss the rest of the season.
Samuel suffered a serious-looking ankle or leg injury in the team's Monday night victory over the Miami Dolphins. Rivera has already said that he's "not optimistic" about the wideout's status and an MRI is only likely to confirm that he'll be out for an extended time. With Damiere Byrd (forearm) likely to return, he and Russell Shepard should act as key receiving options opposite Devin Funchess.
Through 9 games, Samuel has averaged 3.2 FanDuel points per game with 15 catches and 115 yards on 26 targets this season.
- Kerryon Johnson snaps Lions' drought of 100-yard rushers September 23rd, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski disappoints in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Pats' Tom Brady stifled by Lions in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Matthew Stafford leads Lions to upset of Pats in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Rams' Robert Woods hauls in 2 touchdowns in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Saquon Barkley totals 117 yards in Giants' Week 3 win September 23rd, 2018
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey sets a new career-high in rushing September 23rd, 2018
- Cam Newton's big day leads the Panthers to win over Bengals September 23rd, 2018
- Panthers' D.J. Moore needs more usage, coach Ron Rivera said September 17th, 2018
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey catches 14 passes in Week 2 September 16th, 2018
- Cam Newton tops 300 yards but Panthers fall to Falcons in Week 2 September 16th, 2018
- Panthers' Daryl Williams (knee) placed on Injured Reserve September 12th, 2018