Panthers' Curtis Samuel's ankle injury could be season-ending
Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera said that wide receiver Curtis Samuel may miss the rest of the season.
Samuel suffered a serious-looking ankle or leg injury in the team's Monday night victory over the Miami Dolphins. Rivera has already said that he's "not optimistic" about the wideout's status and an MRI is only likely to confirm that he'll be out for an extended time. With Damiere Byrd (forearm) likely to return, he and Russell Shepard should act as key receiving options opposite Devin Funchess.
Through 9 games, Samuel has averaged 3.2 FanDuel points per game with 15 catches and 115 yards on 26 targets this season.
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' Luke Kuechly (shoulder) says he is on schedule June 12th, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Panthers place Fozzy Whittaker (knee) on injured reserve May 10th, 2018
- C.J. Anderson signs 1-year deal with Panthers May 7th, 2018