Drew Brees plans to stay with Saints beyond 2017
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees said in a radio interview that he will remain with the team beyond the 2017 NFL season.
An NFL Network report suggested that Brees' future with the team was "uncertain." But Brees more recently stated, "I feel like we've got a great opportunity ahead of us and I don't plan on leaving New Orleans ever." The 38-year-old is in the last year of his contract and has yet to make progress on a new contract with the team.
Through 11 full seasons in New Orleans, Brees has put up at least 4,388 yards and 26 touchdowns in each season. He's projected to finish 2017-18 with a total of 4,522.5 yards and 31.39 touchdowns.
- Kerryon Johnson snaps Lions' drought of 100-yard rushers September 23rd, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski disappoints in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Pats' Tom Brady stifled by Lions in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Matthew Stafford leads Lions to upset of Pats in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Rams' Robert Woods hauls in 2 touchdowns in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Saquon Barkley totals 117 yards in Giants' Week 3 win September 23rd, 2018
- Drew Brees racks up 5 total touchdowns in Saints' OT win September 23rd, 2018
- Alvin Kamara racks up 190 total yards as Saints top Falcons in overtime September 23rd, 2018
- Cameron Meredith (knee) active for New Orleans on Sunday September 23rd, 2018
- Cameron Meredith could make Saints debut Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Drew Brees navigates Saints past Browns in Week 2 comeback September 17th, 2018
- Alvin Kamara struggles in Saints' win over the Browns September 16th, 2018