Jets sticking with Josh McCown at quarterback
New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles said that he will stick with quarterback Josh McCown as the team's starter moving forward.
Expanding on his declaration of sorts, Bowles said that the only way another quarterback would start would be if "something happens to Josh." With that, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg will continue to wait for their shot as the Jets, at 4-6, seem headed for another season without a postseason berth.
In what was a great matchup with a terrible Tampa Bay Buccaneers pass defense, McCown disappointed with just 262 yards, a touchdown and a pick. He'll get the opportunity to turn it around following the team's Week 11 bye.
- Patriots' Danny Amendola projected for modest output on Sunday January 18th, 2018
- Tom Brady (hand) misses Patriots' practice again on Thursday January 18th, 2018
- Free agent Connor Barwin hopes to re-sign with Rams January 18th, 2018
- Falcons' 'main focus' is to extend Matt Ryan this offseason January 18th, 2018
- Jaguars' Josh Lambo looking to stay perfect in playoffs versus Patriots on Sunday January 18th, 2018
- Falcons' Devonta Freeman (knee) won't require surgery January 18th, 2018
- Matt Forte's 'days are numbered' with the Jets January 11th, 2018
- Bryce Petty throws for 232 yards as Jets fall to Patriots in Week 17 December 31st, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ribs. foot) is inactive for Jets in Week 17 December 31st, 2017
- Jets place Matt Forte (knee) on injured reserve December 30th, 2017
- Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ribs, foot) is doubtful for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Bryce Petty struggles again as Jets fall to Chargers December 24th, 2017