Jets sticking with Josh McCown at quarterback
New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles said that he will stick with quarterback Josh McCown as the team's starter moving forward.
Expanding on his declaration of sorts, Bowles said that the only way another quarterback would start would be if "something happens to Josh." With that, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg will continue to wait for their shot as the Jets, at 4-6, seem headed for another season without a postseason berth.
In what was a great matchup with a terrible Tampa Bay Buccaneers pass defense, McCown disappointed with just 262 yards, a touchdown and a pick. He'll get the opportunity to turn it around following the team's Week 11 bye.
- Martellus Bennett announces his retirement from the NFL March 23rd, 2018
- Chargers' Corey Liuget slapped with 4-game PED suspension March 23rd, 2018
- Brock Osweiler expected to sign with the Miami Dolphins March 23rd, 2018
- Eagles' Michael Bennett indicted on felony charge March 23rd, 2018
- Allen Hurns, Jaguars reportedly agree to 2-year deal March 23rd, 2018
- Panthers reportedly adding Da'Norris Searcy to secondary with 2-year deal March 23rd, 2018
- Terrelle Pryor reportedly signs deal with Jets March 23rd, 2018
- Jets acquire third overall pick in trade with Colts March 17th, 2018
- Jets reportedly also sign Teddy Bridgewater to 1-year deal March 13th, 2018
- Isaiah Crowell joins Jets with 3-year contract March 13th, 2018
- Report: Trumaine Johnson to sign with Jets March 13th, 2018
- Josh McCown re-signs with Jets, reportedly named starter for 2018 March 13th, 2018