Jets sticking with Josh McCown at quarterback
New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles said that he will stick with quarterback Josh McCown as the team's starter moving forward.
Expanding on his declaration of sorts, Bowles said that the only way another quarterback would start would be if "something happens to Josh." With that, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg will continue to wait for their shot as the Jets, at 4-6, seem headed for another season without a postseason berth.
In what was a great matchup with a terrible Tampa Bay Buccaneers pass defense, McCown disappointed with just 262 yards, a touchdown and a pick. He'll get the opportunity to turn it around following the team's Week 11 bye.
- Packers' Jimmy Graham could be split out wide more often this season July 20th, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) expects to be 'full-go' at Texans training camp July 20th, 2018
- Allen Robinson (knee) to enter Bears' training camp without restrictions July 19th, 2018
- Julio Jones reportedly won't receive new deal from Falcons July 19th, 2018
- Packers' Randall Cobb out of walking boot, feels 'great' July 19th, 2018
- Saints add Shane Vereen to backfield July 18th, 2018
- Jets' ArDarius Stewart reportedly suspended 2 games for PEDs July 20th, 2018
- Robby Anderson expected to evolve for Jets this season July 19th, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson receives legal slap on wrist June 21st, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Sam Darnold will open training camp as the Jets' third-string quarterback June 14th, 2018