Jameis Winston (shoulder) expected to play again for Buccaneers this season
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter thinks quarterback Jameis Winston (shoulder) will return this season.
"From what I know, I do," Koetter said. "I know Jameis is planning on playing again and there's been no discussion between [general manager Jason Licht], myself of him not playing again. That would all be something that would have to come up in the future." Winston is out at least one more week, and it sounds like it could be longer than that. Ryan Fitzpatrick will start again in Week 12 versus the Miami Dolphins.
In eight games this season, Winston has completed 159-of-259 (61.4 percent) passes for 1,920 yards with 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. His 0.12 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranks 14th out of 32 quarterbacks with at least 200 drop backs on the year.
- LeGarrette Blount hopes to re-sign with Eagles February 19th, 2018
- Report: Jets 'willing to pay whatever it takes' to sign Kirk Cousins February 19th, 2018
- Free agent Julius Peppers 'leaning toward' returning for 17th season February 19th, 2018
- Lions not expected to release Eric Ebron February 19th, 2018
- Cowboys expected to place franchise tag on DeMarcus Lawrence February 19th, 2018
- Jaguars expected to tag Allen Robinson for 2018 February 19th, 2018
- Report: 'No chance' Buccaneers retain Doug Martin January 17th, 2018
- Doug Martin blamed for bulk of Buccaneers' rushing issues January 16th, 2018
- Buccaneeers' T.J. Ward arrested for possession on Wednesday January 3rd, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (ankle) is inactive Sunday for Buccaneers December 31st, 2017
- Buccaneers to reportedly retain Dirk Koetter for 2018 December 29th, 2017
- Cameron Brate (hip, knee) is active Sunday for Tampa Bay December 24th, 2017