Bears' Markus Wheaton could miss 4-to-6 weeks with groin tear
Chicago Bears wide receiver Markus Wheaton has a tear in his groin and is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks, per Adam Johns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Terrible blow for Wheaton who missed the first two games of the season with a broken finger. His absence is also a blow to the Bears' receiving corp as Wheaton was on the field for a team-high 46 snaps on Monday night. It is unclear who will step up and assume the number-two wideout role for Chicago behind Kendall Wright as Tre McBride, Josh Bellamy, and Tanner Gentry are the only other healthy receivers on the roster.
Wheaton has recorded just 1 catch for 9 yards, despite being targeted 9 times, in 3 games this season.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Bears hire ex-Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy as head coach January 8th, 2018
- Kendall Wright hauls in 7 passes for 81 yards in Bears' loss December 17th, 2017
- Mitchell Trubisky has an up-and-down game in Bears' Week 15 loss December 16th, 2017
- Jordan Howard totals just 63 yards in Bears' Week 15 loss to Lions December 16th, 2017
- Bears' Dontrelle Inman poised for a bounce-back performance in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Adam Shaheen (chest) limited in Bears' practice on Tuesday December 12th, 2017