Bears' Markus Wheaton could miss 4-to-6 weeks with groin tear
Chicago Bears wide receiver Markus Wheaton has a tear in his groin and is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks, per Adam Johns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Terrible blow for Wheaton who missed the first two games of the season with a broken finger. His absence is also a blow to the Bears' receiving corp as Wheaton was on the field for a team-high 46 snaps on Monday night. It is unclear who will step up and assume the number-two wideout role for Chicago behind Kendall Wright as Tre McBride, Josh Bellamy, and Tanner Gentry are the only other healthy receivers on the roster.
Wheaton has recorded just 1 catch for 9 yards, despite being targeted 9 times, in 3 games this season.
- Ravens' Kenneth Dixon (knee) fully cleared to start training camp July 16th, 2018
- Cowboys' DeMarcus Lawrence will play under franchise tag July 16th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell to play under tag again, likely done with Steelers after 2018 July 16th, 2018
- Cowboys' Blake Jarwin 'regularly targeted' during offseason July 16th, 2018
- D.J. Moore able to help Panthers' offense right away July 16th, 2018
- Christian McCaffrey could see similar role in Panthers' backfield July 16th, 2018
- Jay Ajayi in line for more work with Eagles July 16th, 2018
- Darren Sproles (ACL) expected to see reduced role in Eagles' offense July 16th, 2018
- Carson Wentz (ACL) not guaranteed to be ready for Eagles by Week 1 July 16th, 2018
- DeMarco Murray announces retirement Friday July 13th, 2018
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jay Ajayi could be Eagles' workhorse back in 2018 June 12th, 2018