Bears' Markus Wheaton could miss 4-to-6 weeks with groin tear
Chicago Bears wide receiver Markus Wheaton has a tear in his groin and is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks, per Adam Johns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Terrible blow for Wheaton who missed the first two games of the season with a broken finger. His absence is also a blow to the Bears' receiving corp as Wheaton was on the field for a team-high 46 snaps on Monday night. It is unclear who will step up and assume the number-two wideout role for Chicago behind Kendall Wright as Tre McBride, Josh Bellamy, and Tanner Gentry are the only other healthy receivers on the roster.
Wheaton has recorded just 1 catch for 9 yards, despite being targeted 9 times, in 3 games this season.
- Jordy Nelson catches just one pass in Packers' Week 7 loss October 22nd, 2017
- Dez Bryant finds the end zone in Cowboys' Week 7 blowout October 22nd, 2017
- Steelers' Antonio Brown hauls in another touchdown in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Hyde totals 88 yards as 49ers get blown out in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- A.J. Green has a quiet night in Bengals' Week 7 loss October 22nd, 2017
- Le'Veon Bell gets 38 touches in Steelers' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Jordan Howard rushes for 65 yards in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Tarik Cohen throws a TD pass in Bears' Week 6 victory October 16th, 2017
- Bears' Zach Miller scores for the second consecutive week October 15th, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky attempts just 16 passes in Bears' OT win October 15th, 2017
- Jordan Howard finished with 176 total yards in Bears' OT win October 15th, 2017