Bears' Markus Wheaton could miss 4-to-6 weeks with groin tear
Chicago Bears wide receiver Markus Wheaton has a tear in his groin and is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks, per Adam Johns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Terrible blow for Wheaton who missed the first two games of the season with a broken finger. His absence is also a blow to the Bears' receiving corp as Wheaton was on the field for a team-high 46 snaps on Monday night. It is unclear who will step up and assume the number-two wideout role for Chicago behind Kendall Wright as Tre McBride, Josh Bellamy, and Tanner Gentry are the only other healthy receivers on the roster.
Wheaton has recorded just 1 catch for 9 yards, despite being targeted 9 times, in 3 games this season.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Bears confirm Jordan Howard will be the featured back in 2018 April 17th, 2018
- Trey Burton expected to be heavily involved in Bears' offense March 28th, 2018
- Packers sign cornerback Kyle Fuller to offer sheet March 16th, 2018
- Bears sign Chase Daniel to two-year deal March 14th, 2018
- Allen Robinson reportedly agrees to 3-year, $42 million contract with Bears March 13th, 2018
- Report: Trey Burton, Bears agree to 4-year, $32 million contract March 13th, 2018