Bruce Arians calls Chris Johnson 'our lead dog' at running back for Cardinals
Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said running back Chris Johnson would be Arizona's "lead dog" if Andre Ellington (PCL) is forced to miss any time.
Ellington exited Sunday's game with the knee injury, opening additional opportunities for both CJ?K and rookie David Johnson. Chris Johnson had 10 touches Sunday to David Johnson's 1, though David took his to the house on a 55-yard reception.
This is most likely a fluid situation in the Arizona backfield for the time being until there is more clarity on Ellginton's injury. That said, both Johnson's should be due for an increase in opportunity in Week 2. The Cardinals finished 26th in our schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play in 2014. On his 10 touches, Chris Johnson accounted for -1.04 Rushing NEP.
- Packers' Aaron Jones (knee) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Jets' Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) designated to return from IR November 29th, 2023
- Baker Mayfield (ankle) could be limited in Buccaneers Week 13 prep November 29th, 2023
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Marquise Brown (heel) active in Week 12 for Arizona November 26th, 2023
- Cardinals' Marquise Brown (heel) expected to play in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Cardinals' Marquise Brown (heel) questionable for Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- Michael Wilson (shoulder) out again Week 12 for Cardinals November 24th, 2023
- Cardinals' Michael Wilson (shoulder) misses second straight practice ahead of Week 12 November 23rd, 2023