Arizona fully expected to employ running back committee
The Arizona Cardinals are not expected to have a 'bell-cow' running back and will use a committee to fill the loss of David Johnson, per Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
The initial favorite to get the biggest share of the early-down carries is the newly-signed Chris Johnson, but Garafolo expects the Cardinals to use Andre Ellington and Keywynn Williams as well to help offset the loss of DJ, especially since CJ was showing signs of slowing down this preseason.
Our models currently project Williams, Chris Johnson, and Ellington to earn 5.1 FanDuel points each with all 3 running back receiving 6-to-7 touches in Week 2 versus the Indianapolis Colts.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt (hamstring) will be ready for training camp June 14th, 2018
- Sammy Watkins and Patrick Mahomes connecting in Chiefs' offseason June 14th, 2018
- Damien Williams reportedly joining Chiefs' backfield March 22nd, 2018
- Sammy Watkins reportedly joins Chiefs for 3 years, $48 million March 13th, 2018
- Rams getting Marcus Peters from Chiefs for 2018 4th, 2019 2nd February 26th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018