Arizona fully expected to employ running back committee
The Arizona Cardinals are not expected to have a 'bell-cow' running back and will use a committee to fill the loss of David Johnson, per Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
The initial favorite to get the biggest share of the early-down carries is the newly-signed Chris Johnson, but Garafolo expects the Cardinals to use Andre Ellington and Keywynn Williams as well to help offset the loss of DJ, especially since CJ was showing signs of slowing down this preseason.
Our models currently project Williams, Chris Johnson, and Ellington to earn 5.1 FanDuel points each with all 3 running back receiving 6-to-7 touches in Week 2 versus the Indianapolis Colts.
- Byron Marshall expected to replace Chris Thompson (leg) for Washington on passing downs November 21st, 2017
- Ryan Grant (calf) limited on Tuesday for Washington November 21st, 2017
- Samaje Perine (finger) limited for Washington at Tuesday's practice November 21st, 2017
- Jordan Reed (hamstring) remains out Tuesday for Washington November 21st, 2017
- Trevor Siemian will reportedly back up Paxton Lynch for Broncos in Week 12 November 21st, 2017
- 49ers not yet willing to commit to Jimmy Garoppolo November 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams 'is going to get his shot' for Cardinals November 21st, 2017
- Cardinals have released Andre Ellington November 20th, 2017
- Cardinals sticking with Blaine Gabbert at quarterback in Week 12 November 20th, 2017
- Cardinals' John Brown dealing with case of turf toe, could 'miss time' November 20th, 2017
- Larry Fitzgerald has a big game in Cardinals' Week 11 defeat November 19th, 2017
- Adrian Peterson disappears in Cardinals' Week 11 loss November 19th, 2017