Arizona fully expected to employ running back committee
The Arizona Cardinals are not expected to have a 'bell-cow' running back and will use a committee to fill the loss of David Johnson, per Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
The initial favorite to get the biggest share of the early-down carries is the newly-signed Chris Johnson, but Garafolo expects the Cardinals to use Andre Ellington and Keywynn Williams as well to help offset the loss of DJ, especially since CJ was showing signs of slowing down this preseason.
Our models currently project Williams, Chris Johnson, and Ellington to earn 5.1 FanDuel points each with all 3 running back receiving 6-to-7 touches in Week 2 versus the Indianapolis Colts.
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski started thinking about retirement prior to playoffs February 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron believed to be Browns' top option among free agent quarterbacks February 16th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron wins grievance against Bengals, becomes free agent February 15th, 2018
- Sebastian Janikowski wants to continue playing February 15th, 2018
- Broncos' Derek Wolfe says neck is 'fixed' February 15th, 2018
- Sebastian Janikowski reportedly won't be brought back by Raiders February 14th, 2018
- Larry Fitzgerald tells Cardinals he will return next season February 15th, 2018
- Cardinals' Adrian Peterson wants to play four more years February 3rd, 2018
- Cardinals expected to release Adrian Peterson this offseason January 31st, 2018
- New Cardinals offensive coordinator expects Larry Fitzgerald to play January 29th, 2018
- Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald remains undecided on playing in 2018 January 23rd, 2018
- Arizona Cardinals hire Steve Wilks as their next head coach January 22nd, 2018