Arizona fully expected to employ running back committee
The Arizona Cardinals are not expected to have a 'bell-cow' running back and will use a committee to fill the loss of David Johnson, per Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
The initial favorite to get the biggest share of the early-down carries is the newly-signed Chris Johnson, but Garafolo expects the Cardinals to use Andre Ellington and Keywynn Williams as well to help offset the loss of DJ, especially since CJ was showing signs of slowing down this preseason.
Our models currently project Williams, Chris Johnson, and Ellington to earn 5.1 FanDuel points each with all 3 running back receiving 6-to-7 touches in Week 2 versus the Indianapolis Colts.
- 'Resilient' Josh McCown looks for second straight win in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- Cole Beasley targeted once in Cowboys' defeat of Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Jared Goff earning praise from Rams' alumni September 26th, 2017
- Chiefs place Cairo Santos (groin) on injured reserve September 26th, 2017
- 'No end in sight' for Duane Brown holdout in Houston September 26th, 2017
- Seahawks uncertain about severity of Doug Baldwin's groin strain September 26th, 2017
- Jaron Brown scores a touchdown in Cardinals' Week 3 loss September 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' Jermaine Gresham sees second-most targets in loss September 26th, 2017
- Kerwynn Williams barely sees the field Monday for Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' John Brown (quad) worked out on Monday night September 26th, 2017
- J.J. Nelson comes up empty for Cardinals in Week 3 September 26th, 2017
- Andre Ellington leads Cardinals' backfield with 49 snaps on Monday September 26th, 2017