Redskins' Kirk Cousins admits he needs to 'play better'
Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins shouldered the blame for Sunday's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, telling reporters "I've got to be better."
The Redskins' offense generated only 10 points on Sunday with Cousins completing 23-of-40 passes for 240 yards with 1 touchdown, 1 interception, and 2 fumbles. Despite a stagnant offense all game long, Washington had the ball in the closing minutes down 5 before Cousins had a fumble returned for a touchdown, icing the game for the Eagles. Cousins and the Redskins will have their hands full in Week 2 as they face a resurgent Los Angeles Rams defense on the road.
Our models project Cousins for 286.4 passing yards, 1.5 touchdowns, and 0.8 interceptions for 17.7 FanDuel points in Week 2, making him our 11th-best quarterback for the week.
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski started thinking about retirement prior to playoffs February 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron believed to be Browns' top option among free agent quarterbacks February 16th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron wins grievance against Bengals, becomes free agent February 15th, 2018
- Sebastian Janikowski wants to continue playing February 15th, 2018
- Broncos' Derek Wolfe says neck is 'fixed' February 15th, 2018
- Larry Fitzgerald tells Cardinals he will return next season February 15th, 2018
- Washington considering franchise tag for Kirk Cousins February 4th, 2018
- Broncos' Von Miller: 'We need Kirk Cousins' January 31st, 2018
- Redskins trade Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to Chiefs for Alex Smith January 30th, 2018
- Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins agree on a 4-year contract extension January 30th, 2018
- Kansas City agrees in principle to trade Alex Smith to Washington January 30th, 2018
- Washington's Jay Gruden wants Kirk Cousins to be more aggressive January 25th, 2018