Redskins' Kirk Cousins admits he needs to 'play better'
Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins shouldered the blame for Sunday's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, telling reporters "I've got to be better."
The Redskins' offense generated only 10 points on Sunday with Cousins completing 23-of-40 passes for 240 yards with 1 touchdown, 1 interception, and 2 fumbles. Despite a stagnant offense all game long, Washington had the ball in the closing minutes down 5 before Cousins had a fumble returned for a touchdown, icing the game for the Eagles. Cousins and the Redskins will have their hands full in Week 2 as they face a resurgent Los Angeles Rams defense on the road.
Our models project Cousins for 286.4 passing yards, 1.5 touchdowns, and 0.8 interceptions for 17.7 FanDuel points in Week 2, making him our 11th-best quarterback for the week.
- 'Resilient' Josh McCown looks for second straight win in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- Jaron Brown scores a touchdown in Cardinals' Week 3 loss September 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' Jermaine Gresham sees second-most targets in loss September 26th, 2017
- Cole Beasley targeted once in Cowboys' defeat of Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Jared Goff earning praise from Rams' alumni September 26th, 2017
- Kerwynn Williams barely sees the field Monday for Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Redskins' Chris Thompson not going to get more work September 26th, 2017
- Jay Gruden: Rob Kelley (ribs) is Redskins' top back when healthy September 26th, 2017
- Washington's Jordan Reed (chest) remains day-to-day September 25th, 2017
- Rob Kelley (ribs) still day-to-day for Washington September 25th, 2017
- Redskins' Samaje Perine diagnosed with bruised hand September 25th, 2017
- Jamison Crowder has another quiet game for Redskins on Sunday Night Football September 25th, 2017