Deshaun Watson to start on Thursday for Texans
Houston Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson will start on Thursday Night Football against the Cincinnati Bengals.
As expected, although Watson finds himself in a tough spot, as his first career start will come on a short week on the road against one of the better defenses in the NFL. Furthermore, he was limited in practice on Monday with an ankle injury before being upgraded to "full" on Tuesday's injury report and the Texans will be without their starting right guard in Jeff Allen (ankle). Watson isn't a recommended fantasy play in Week 2. Tom Savage will be Houston's backup quarterback.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Texans sign Benardrick McKinney to a 5-year, $50 million extension June 14th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) progressing as expected in rehab June 14th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) spotted without a brace during minicamp June 12th, 2018
- Texans do not plan to reduce Deshaun Watson's running in 2018 June 9th, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018