Deshaun Watson to start on Thursday for Texans
Houston Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson will start on Thursday Night Football against the Cincinnati Bengals.
As expected, although Watson finds himself in a tough spot, as his first career start will come on a short week on the road against one of the better defenses in the NFL. Furthermore, he was limited in practice on Monday with an ankle injury before being upgraded to "full" on Tuesday's injury report and the Texans will be without their starting right guard in Jeff Allen (ankle). Watson isn't a recommended fantasy play in Week 2. Tom Savage will be Houston's backup quarterback.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- 'Resilient' Josh McCown looks for second straight win in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- Jaron Brown scores a touchdown in Cardinals' Week 3 loss September 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' Jermaine Gresham sees second-most targets in loss September 26th, 2017
- Cole Beasley targeted once in Cowboys' defeat of Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Jared Goff earning praise from Rams' alumni September 26th, 2017
- Kerwynn Williams barely sees the field Monday for Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- 'No end in sight' for Duane Brown holdout in Houston September 26th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson earns high praise with Week 3 performance September 25th, 2017
- Texans' Will Fuller (collarbone) may make season debut in Week 4 September 25th, 2017
- DeAndre Hopkins totals 76 yards in Texans' loss September 24th, 2017
- Lamar Miller totals 63 yards in Texans' loss to Patriots September 24th, 2017
- Texans' Ryan Griffin no longer in the concussion protocol September 22nd, 2017