Deshaun Watson to start on Thursday for Texans
Houston Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson will start on Thursday Night Football against the Cincinnati Bengals.
As expected, although Watson finds himself in a tough spot, as his first career start will come on a short week on the road against one of the better defenses in the NFL. Furthermore, he was limited in practice on Monday with an ankle injury before being upgraded to "full" on Tuesday's injury report and the Texans will be without their starting right guard in Jeff Allen (ankle). Watson isn't a recommended fantasy play in Week 2. Tom Savage will be Houston's backup quarterback.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski started thinking about retirement prior to playoffs February 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron believed to be Browns' top option among free agent quarterbacks February 16th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron wins grievance against Bengals, becomes free agent February 15th, 2018
- Sebastian Janikowski wants to continue playing February 15th, 2018
- Broncos' Derek Wolfe says neck is 'fixed' February 15th, 2018
- Larry Fitzgerald tells Cardinals he will return next season February 15th, 2018
- Texans' C.J. Fiedorowicz mulling retirement February 12th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (ACL) resumes running February 6th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) expected to be "on the field throwing with his teammates" during OTAs February 1st, 2018
- Texans sign coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) ahead of schedule January 2nd, 2018
- Texans' J.J. Watt (knee) on track for training camp January 1st, 2018