Deshaun Watson to start on Thursday for Texans
Houston Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson will start on Thursday Night Football against the Cincinnati Bengals.
As expected, although Watson finds himself in a tough spot, as his first career start will come on a short week on the road against one of the better defenses in the NFL. Furthermore, he was limited in practice on Monday with an ankle injury before being upgraded to "full" on Tuesday's injury report and the Texans will be without their starting right guard in Jeff Allen (ankle). Watson isn't a recommended fantasy play in Week 2. Tom Savage will be Houston's backup quarterback.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- Byron Marshall expected to replace Chris Thompson (leg) for Washington on passing downs November 21st, 2017
- Ryan Grant (calf) limited on Tuesday for Washington November 21st, 2017
- Samaje Perine (finger) limited for Washington at Tuesday's practice November 21st, 2017
- Jordan Reed (hamstring) remains out Tuesday for Washington November 21st, 2017
- Trevor Siemian will reportedly back up Paxton Lynch for Broncos in Week 12 November 21st, 2017
- 49ers not yet willing to commit to Jimmy Garoppolo November 21st, 2017
- Texans pluck Andre Ellington off waivers November 21st, 2017
- Texans' head coach Bill O'Brien unsure if Will Fuller (ribs) will play in Week 12 November 20th, 2017
- Tom Savage throws for 230 yards and 2 TDs in Texans' victory November 19th, 2017
- Lamar Miller finds the end zone in Texans' win over the Cardinals November 19th, 2017
- DeAndre Hopkins finds the end zone in Texans' Week 11 win November 19th, 2017
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman (ankle) knocked out of Week 11 November 19th, 2017