Texans may wait until Thursday to choose starting quarterback
Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien, while speaking Tuesday, said Thursday's starting quarterback for Week 2 against the Cincinnati Bengals could come down to a game-time decision.
"I don't think there's a rule that I have to publicly announce it," O'Brien stated. After being limited in Monday's practice with an ankle injury, rookie Deshaun Watson was a full participant on Tuesday and got in all first-team reps during the portion of practice open to the media. Barring a setback, it would be a surprise if the Texans go with Tom Savage under center again in Week 2 against the Bengals on Thursday night.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- Le'Veon Bell was late to Steelers' walkthrough prior to Divisional Round loss January 20th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) reportedly threw the ball 'incredibly well' on Friday January 20th, 2018
- Patriots' Mike Gillislee (knee) questionable for Sunday January 19th, 2018
- Patriots' Rex Burkhead (knee) questionable for Sunday's AFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Tom Brady (hand) considered questionable for Patriots January 19th, 2018
- Cardinals' David Johnson fully healed from wrist surgery January 19th, 2018
- Texans sign coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) ahead of schedule January 2nd, 2018
- Texans' J.J. Watt (knee) on track for training camp January 1st, 2018
- Texans' Will Fuller (knee) out for remainder of Sunday's game December 31st, 2017
- Texans' DeAndre Hopkins (calf) ruled out for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Texans say DeAndre Hopkins (calf) could be game-time call December 28th, 2017