Texans may wait until Thursday to choose starting quarterback
Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien, while speaking Tuesday, said Thursday's starting quarterback for Week 2 against the Cincinnati Bengals could come down to a game-time decision.
"I don't think there's a rule that I have to publicly announce it," O'Brien stated. After being limited in Monday's practice with an ankle injury, rookie Deshaun Watson was a full participant on Tuesday and got in all first-team reps during the portion of practice open to the media. Barring a setback, it would be a surprise if the Texans go with Tom Savage under center again in Week 2 against the Bengals on Thursday night.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- Torrey Smith not much of a factor in Eagles offense November 17th, 2017
- Bills' Deonte Thompson not projected for many targets in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Philip Rivers (concussion) officially questionable for Chargers in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Jaguars' Keelan Cole expected to have expanded role in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Kenny Stills (back) plans on playing for Dolphins versus Buccaneers November 17th, 2017
- Terrance West (calf) officially questionable for Ravens in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Bill O'Brien: Bruce Ellington needs to be more involved in Texans' offense November 15th, 2017
- Will Fuller (ribs) not expected to play for Texans in Week 11 November 15th, 2017
- Tom Savage will remain Texans' starter in Week 11 November 13th, 2017
- D'Onta Foreman quiet in Texans' Week 10 blowout loss November 13th, 2017
- Will Fuller suffers cracked ribs in Texans' Week 10 loss November 13th, 2017
- Lamar Miller collects 74 total yards in Texans' loss to the Rams November 12th, 2017