Texans may wait until Thursday to choose starting quarterback
Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien, while speaking Tuesday, said Thursday's starting quarterback for Week 2 against the Cincinnati Bengals could come down to a game-time decision.
"I don't think there's a rule that I have to publicly announce it," O'Brien stated. After being limited in Monday's practice with an ankle injury, rookie Deshaun Watson was a full participant on Tuesday and got in all first-team reps during the portion of practice open to the media. Barring a setback, it would be a surprise if the Texans go with Tom Savage under center again in Week 2 against the Bengals on Thursday night.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- 'Resilient' Josh McCown looks for second straight win in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- Jaron Brown scores a touchdown in Cardinals' Week 3 loss September 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' Jermaine Gresham sees second-most targets in loss September 26th, 2017
- Cole Beasley targeted once in Cowboys' defeat of Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Jared Goff earning praise from Rams' alumni September 26th, 2017
- Kerwynn Williams barely sees the field Monday for Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- 'No end in sight' for Duane Brown holdout in Houston September 26th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson earns high praise with Week 3 performance September 25th, 2017
- Texans' Will Fuller (collarbone) may make season debut in Week 4 September 25th, 2017
- DeAndre Hopkins totals 76 yards in Texans' loss September 24th, 2017
- Lamar Miller totals 63 yards in Texans' loss to Patriots September 24th, 2017
- Texans' Ryan Griffin no longer in the concussion protocol September 22nd, 2017