Texans may wait until Thursday to choose starting quarterback
Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien, while speaking Tuesday, said Thursday's starting quarterback for Week 2 against the Cincinnati Bengals could come down to a game-time decision.
"I don't think there's a rule that I have to publicly announce it," O'Brien stated. After being limited in Monday's practice with an ankle injury, rookie Deshaun Watson was a full participant on Tuesday and got in all first-team reps during the portion of practice open to the media. Barring a setback, it would be a surprise if the Texans go with Tom Savage under center again in Week 2 against the Bengals on Thursday night.
numberFire's models expect Watson to throw for 214.2 yards with 0.95 touchdowns and 0.82 interceptions on Thursday Night Football while adding 19.7 yards and 0.17 scores on the ground. He's our QB24 for Week 2 and is projected to score 14.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,700.
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp May 17th, 2018
- Bucs' OC: Chris Godwin has earned right to start May 17th, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson has felony charges dropped May 17th, 2018
- Nagy: Bears' Allen Robinson (knee) 'ahead of the game' in rehab May 17th, 2018
- Cardinals' David Johnson says goal remains 1,000/1,000 season May 17th, 2018
- Tavon Austin in store for big workload with Dallas May 10th, 2018
- J.J. Watt (knee) expected to be at 'full strength' for Texans in 2018 May 14th, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (ACL) expected to be at Texans' training camp May 14th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (ACL) is ahead of schedule March 27th, 2018
- Report: Aaron Colvin to sign four-year deal with Texans March 13th, 2018
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) on track to be ready for Week 1 February 28th, 2018
- Texans will release Brian Cushing February 19th, 2018