Panthers could limit Christian McCaffrey's snaps going forward
Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera said that he doesn't want to "wear the batteries out" on running back Christian McCaffrey.
Rivera went on to explain that while McCaffrey is an exciting new toy in the offense he has to be smart with how he uses the rookie. It's obvious that the coach feels as though McCaffrey's 47 offensive snaps were probably a little much so it's likely that Jonathan Stewart (29 snaps) and Fozzy Whittaker (1) take a few snaps away from him in games to come.
Even if McCaffrey sees less than the 70% of snaps he saw this week, that shouldn't limit his production much moving forward. For Week 2's home matchup against the Buffalo Bills, our models have him down for 13.4 total touches, 70.9 total yards and 0.35 touchdowns at a price of $6,600.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Panthers' Robby Anderson provides 38 yards on 6 targets September 20th, 2021
- Zane Gonzalez signs deal with Panthers Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey racks up 187 all-purpose yards in Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Panthers claim running back Royce Freeman off waivers on Thursday September 2nd, 2021
- Robbie Anderson signs 2-year extension with Carolina August 24th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey "hungry" and "ready to go" August 23rd, 2021