Raiders' Aldon Smith charged with three misdemeanors for summer incident
Newly-signed Oakland Raiders outside linebacker Aldon Smith has been charged with three misdemeanor charges in Santa Clara County stemming from an incident that led to his release this summer from the San Francisco 49ers, according to Matt Keller of ABC7 News.
The charges are for driving under the influence with a prior incident, hit and run with property damage, and vandalism. The Raiders had just signed Smith to a one-year contract earlier Friday. He will be arraigned October 6th.
It would be hard to see a situation in which Smith does not face a suspension. The Raiders brought Smith in to improve a defense that finished 25th in our schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play. He could form a formidable pass-rushing duo with Khalil Mack -- if he can find his way on the field.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract March 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Andy Dalton explodes for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 16's divisional win over Eagles December 28th, 2020