Samaje Perine will backup Rob Kelley as Redskins face the Eagles
Washington Redskins rookie running back Samaje Perine will be active for Sunday's Week 1 matchup while fellow back Mack Brown would inactive versus the Philadelphia Eagles.
There was a question if the Redskins' rookie Perine would be active against the Eagles, but head coach Jay Gruden confirmed Perine would suit up for his first NFL game. He will serve as the back up to Rob Kelley as the team's primary rusher with Chris Thompson handling the passing downs.
Our models project Perine for 9.8 touches, 39.7 total yards, and 0.3 touchdowns for 6.2 FanDuel points in Week 1. He carries a $5,800 price tag versus the Eagles.
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski to decide in 'next couple weeks' February 19th, 2019
- Charles Clay joins Cardinals with 1-year deal February 19th, 2019
- Antonio Brown meets with Steelers owner, agree 'time to move on' February 19th, 2019
- Cowboys reportedly letting Terrance Williams walk February 18th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice (knee) running at full speed February 6th, 2019
- Washington expects Alex Smith to miss 2019, per report January 28th, 2019
- Washington optimistic about an Alex Smith (leg) comeback January 23rd, 2019
- Jay Gruden: Jamison Crowder should be offseason priority for Washington January 15th, 2019
- Washington's Jay Gruden will return as head coach in 2019 January 4th, 2019
- Josh Doctson (illness) questionable for Washington in Week 17 December 28th, 2018