Samaje Perine will backup Rob Kelley as Redskins face the Eagles
Washington Redskins rookie running back Samaje Perine will be active for Sunday's Week 1 matchup while fellow back Mack Brown would inactive versus the Philadelphia Eagles.
There was a question if the Redskins' rookie Perine would be active against the Eagles, but head coach Jay Gruden confirmed Perine would suit up for his first NFL game. He will serve as the back up to Rob Kelley as the team's primary rusher with Chris Thompson handling the passing downs.
Our models project Perine for 9.8 touches, 39.7 total yards, and 0.3 touchdowns for 6.2 FanDuel points in Week 1. He carries a $5,800 price tag versus the Eagles.
- Cardinals' Jermaine Gresham sees second-most targets in loss September 26th, 2017
- Cole Beasley targeted once in Cowboys' defeat of Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Jared Goff earning praise from Rams' alumni September 26th, 2017
- Kerwynn Williams barely sees the field Monday for Cardinals September 26th, 2017
- Chiefs place Cairo Santos (groin) on injured reserve September 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' John Brown (quad) worked out on Monday night September 26th, 2017
- Redskins' Chris Thompson not going to get more work September 26th, 2017
- Jay Gruden: Rob Kelley (ribs) is Redskins' top back when healthy September 26th, 2017
- Washington's Jordan Reed (chest) remains day-to-day September 25th, 2017
- Rob Kelley (ribs) still day-to-day for Washington September 25th, 2017
- Redskins' Samaje Perine diagnosed with bruised hand September 25th, 2017
- Jamison Crowder has another quiet game for Redskins on Sunday Night Football September 25th, 2017