Bears' Victor Cruz not getting opportunity to start
Chicago Bears wide receiver Victor Cruz is not running with the starters in preseason.
Alongside Cameron Meredith and Kevin White, Kendall Wright is receiving the first-team reps as the team's slot receiver. That left Cruz to play just 18 snaps late in Chicago's second preseason game Saturday night, which could tell us that he's in danger of being cut before the regular season gets underway.
With 3 catches, 11 yards and a touchdown through a pair of preseason matchups, our models project Cruz for 31.0 grabs, 427.1 yards and 2.0 touchdowns in his first season with the Bears. As WR87, he's not a guy you need to target in fantasy drafts.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021
- Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021