49ers' Reuben Foster dealing with shoulder sprain
San Francisco 49ers inside linebacker Reuben Foster is dealing with a "mild AC joint sprain" in his surgically-repaired shoulder.
The 49ers are insisting it's a "completely different" injury than Foster's rotator cuff issue, but we'll see how true that ends up being. The team re-signed inside linebacker Shayne Skov on Thursday, which indicates some concern. Foster was just officially anointed a starter on Tuesday and, for now, it appears he will be ready for Week 1.
Our models project the Niners' defense to turn in the ninth-worst fantasy season among defensive units this year. They will be a weekly target for fantasy players.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Jerick McKinnon (knee) sitting for 49ers until Week 1 August 17th, 2018
- Jeremy McNichols filling in with 49ers' starters August 15th, 2018
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin 'clearly' Jimmy Garoppolo's favorite target August 14th, 2018
- San Francisco adds Alfred Morris to injured backfield August 13th, 2018
- 49ers' Jerick McKinnon (knee) reportedly dealing with 'just a muscle strain' August 13th, 2018
- Jerick McKinnon injures knee in practice, will undergo MRI August 12th, 2018