Terrance West on Browns' roster bubble
Cleveland Browns running back Terrance West's roster spot "is not necessarily safe," reports Cleveland Plain-Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot.
Pro Football Talk reports the Browns are in the market for a veteran back, and if they find one it could mean the end for West. The sophomore running back has earned the ire of coach Mike Pettine for his "ups and downs" and will begin the season behind at least Isaiah Crowell on the depth chart -- if he sticks with Cleveland. The Browns have reportedly discussed bringing in Ray Rice.
The Browns backfield is getting muddier by the day. Crowell's -0.03 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry in 2014 put him ahead of West, who posted a -0.05 Rushing NEP per carry. Crowell's 41.61 percent Success Rate also bested West's 38.01 percent. The Browns' backfield will remain hard to predict this year, especially with the addition of Duke Johnson.
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Rapoport: Ravens release defensive back Tony Jefferson on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson unanimously named 2019 NFL MVP February 1st, 2020
- Ravens' Mark Ingram (calf) active against Titans on Saturday January 11th, 2020
- Mark Andrews (ankle) expected to play for Ravens versus Titans January 9th, 2020
- Schefter: Mark Ingram (calf) expected to play for Ravens in Divisional Round January 9th, 2020
- Mark Ingram (calf) back at Ravens' practice Thursday January 9th, 2020