Texans' rookie D'Onta Foreman arrested for drug and weapons charges
Houston Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon in Austin early Sunday morning.
Foreman is still being held on $4,500 bail. Foreman won last year's Doak Walker Award, given annually to college football's top running back. Particularly after Foreman reported to the team out of shape, his chances of making a 2017 impact are fast diminishing. Foreman's attorney released a statement regarding his arrest, disputing the charges. "This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name," Lewis' statement reads. "The handgun was properly secured inside his vehicle as required by Texas law. A passenger in D'Onta's vehicle was in possession of marijuana. D'Onta did not use or possess the marijuana." Lewis also said Foreman will take a urine test to prove this claim.
Our models project Foreman for 129 rushing yards and 0.39 touchdowns on 33 carries, as well as 18 catches for 146 receiving yards and 0.46 touchdowns. He's outside our top-75 projected running backs.
- Javorius Allen sees just 4 touches in Ravens' shutout win November 20th, 2017
- Charcandrick West gains 24 yards on 8 touches in Chiefs' loss November 20th, 2017
- Jalen Richard gains 28 yards in Raiders' loss to New England November 20th, 2017
- Kenyan Drake a no-show in Dolphins' loss November 20th, 2017
- T.J. Yeldon doesn't do much in Jacksonville's Week 11 win November 20th, 2017
- Chris Ivory gains 6 yards in Jaguars' win November 20th, 2017
- Tom Savage throws for 230 yards and 2 TDs in Texans' victory November 19th, 2017
- Lamar Miller finds the end zone in Texans' win over the Cardinals November 19th, 2017
- DeAndre Hopkins finds the end zone in Texans' Week 11 win November 19th, 2017
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman (ankle) knocked out of Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Will Fuller (ribs) officially inactive for Texans in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- C.J. Fiedorowicz projected to finish as Texans' second-best pass catcher in Week 11 November 17th, 2017