Texans' rookie D'Onta Foreman arrested for drug and weapons charges
Houston Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon in Austin early Sunday morning.
Foreman is still being held on $4,500 bail. Foreman won last year's Doak Walker Award, given annually to college football's top running back. Particularly after Foreman reported to the team out of shape, his chances of making a 2017 impact are fast diminishing. Foreman's attorney released a statement regarding his arrest, disputing the charges. "This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name," Lewis' statement reads. "The handgun was properly secured inside his vehicle as required by Texas law. A passenger in D'Onta's vehicle was in possession of marijuana. D'Onta did not use or possess the marijuana." Lewis also said Foreman will take a urine test to prove this claim.
Our models project Foreman for 129 rushing yards and 0.39 touchdowns on 33 carries, as well as 18 catches for 146 receiving yards and 0.46 touchdowns. He's outside our top-75 projected running backs.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (ACL) is ahead of schedule March 27th, 2018
- Report: Aaron Colvin to sign four-year deal with Texans March 13th, 2018
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) on track to be ready for Week 1 February 28th, 2018
- Texans will release Brian Cushing February 19th, 2018
- Texans' C.J. Fiedorowicz mulling retirement February 12th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (ACL) resumes running February 6th, 2018