Texans' rookie D'Onta Foreman arrested for drug and weapons charges
Houston Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon in Austin early Sunday morning.
Foreman is still being held on $4,500 bail. Foreman won last year's Doak Walker Award, given annually to college football's top running back. Particularly after Foreman reported to the team out of shape, his chances of making a 2017 impact are fast diminishing. Foreman's attorney released a statement regarding his arrest, disputing the charges. "This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name," Lewis' statement reads. "The handgun was properly secured inside his vehicle as required by Texas law. A passenger in D'Onta's vehicle was in possession of marijuana. D'Onta did not use or possess the marijuana." Lewis also said Foreman will take a urine test to prove this claim.
Our models project Foreman for 129 rushing yards and 0.39 touchdowns on 33 carries, as well as 18 catches for 146 receiving yards and 0.46 touchdowns. He's outside our top-75 projected running backs.
- Patriots' Mike Gillislee (knee) questionable for Sunday January 19th, 2018
- Patriots' Rex Burkhead (knee) questionable for Sunday's AFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Tom Brady (hand) considered questionable for Patriots January 19th, 2018
- Cardinals' David Johnson fully healed from wrist surgery January 19th, 2018
- Steelers' Eli Rogers suffered torn ACL in Divisional Round loss January 19th, 2018
- Vikings' Andrew Sendejo (concussion) expected to play in NFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Texans sign coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) ahead of schedule January 2nd, 2018
- Texans' J.J. Watt (knee) on track for training camp January 1st, 2018
- Texans' Will Fuller (knee) out for remainder of Sunday's game December 31st, 2017
- Texans' DeAndre Hopkins (calf) ruled out for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Texans say DeAndre Hopkins (calf) could be game-time call December 28th, 2017