Texans' rookie D'Onta Foreman arrested for drug and weapons charges
Houston Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon in Austin early Sunday morning.
Foreman is still being held on $4,500 bail. Foreman won last year's Doak Walker Award, given annually to college football's top running back. Particularly after Foreman reported to the team out of shape, his chances of making a 2017 impact are fast diminishing. Foreman's attorney released a statement regarding his arrest, disputing the charges. "This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name," Lewis' statement reads. "The handgun was properly secured inside his vehicle as required by Texas law. A passenger in D'Onta's vehicle was in possession of marijuana. D'Onta did not use or possess the marijuana." Lewis also said Foreman will take a urine test to prove this claim.
Our models project Foreman for 129 rushing yards and 0.39 touchdowns on 33 carries, as well as 18 catches for 146 receiving yards and 0.46 touchdowns. He's outside our top-75 projected running backs.
- 49ers' Carlos Hyde finds the end zone twice on Thursday September 22nd, 2017
- Sammy Watkins scores twice for the Rams before leaving with injury September 22nd, 2017
- Rams' Todd Gurley dominates in unexpected Thursday night shootout September 21st, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) misses another Titans' practice September 21st, 2017
- Thomas Rawls could get more touches for Seattle moving forward September 21st, 2017
- Joe Mixon still trying to get up to speed in Bengals' offense September 21st, 2017
- Texans' DeAndre Hopkins is projected for the most targets in Week 3 September 20th, 2017
- Jaelen Strong claimed off of waivers by Jacksonville September 19th, 2017
- Texans say Deshaun Watson puts no limitations on play-calling September 19th, 2017
- Will Fuller (collarbone) returns to practice for Houston September 18th, 2017
- Texans release 2015 third-round pick Jaelen Strong September 18th, 2017
- Lamar Miller racks up 21 touches in Texans' Week 2 win September 18th, 2017