Texans' rookie D'Onta Foreman arrested for drug and weapons charges
Houston Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon in Austin early Sunday morning.
Foreman is still being held on $4,500 bail. Foreman won last year's Doak Walker Award, given annually to college football's top running back. Particularly after Foreman reported to the team out of shape, his chances of making a 2017 impact are fast diminishing. Foreman's attorney released a statement regarding his arrest, disputing the charges. "This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name," Lewis' statement reads. "The handgun was properly secured inside his vehicle as required by Texas law. A passenger in D'Onta's vehicle was in possession of marijuana. D'Onta did not use or possess the marijuana." Lewis also said Foreman will take a urine test to prove this claim.
Our models project Foreman for 129 rushing yards and 0.39 touchdowns on 33 carries, as well as 18 catches for 146 receiving yards and 0.46 touchdowns. He's outside our top-75 projected running backs.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Texans' rookie D'Onta Foreman arrested for drug and weapons charges July 16th, 2017
- Tom Savage could hold onto Texans' starting gig June 29th, 2017
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Braxton Miller working with Wes Welker at Texans' OTAs June 1st, 2017
- Texans' J.J. Watt (back) feeling fantastic in recovery May 14th, 2017
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman will cut into Lamar Miller's work May 7th, 2017