Dalvin Cook could earn 300 touches for Vikings
Minnesota Vikings rookie running back Dalvin Cook has the potential to see 300 touches in 2017, according to Matt Vensel of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
In his preview of Cook, Vensel praised the 21-year-old's speed and versatility, particularly in the passing game. In Vensel's eyes, Cook has a chance to become an every-down back if he can earn the Vikings' trust in pass protection. Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon will be in the mix as well, but Cook is clearly the lead back in Minnesota's three-man backfield.
Our models project Cook for 627 rushing yards and 4.71 touchdowns on 148 carries, with 35 receptions for 291 yards and 0.92 scores. He's our 29th-best back for fantasy.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Dalvin Cook could earn 300 touches for Vikings July 16th, 2017
- Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater working out with former teammates July 16th, 2017
- Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater working out without knee brace July 13th, 2017
- Latavius Murray (ankle) likely to be Vikings' short-yardage back June 29th, 2017
- Michael Floyd expected to make Vikings' 53-man roster June 27th, 2017
- Latavius Murray expects to "be the guy" in Vikings backfield June 27th, 2017